Thanks again to Paul and the team at TDi North

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I know alot of members have had the same springs and setup and many of you guys down south use TGM but as I'm stuck in the middle ish I use
Paul's Team at TDi North for the majority of the work on my DC5 as he provides a great service and can always trust his judgement without him trying to sell me something just for the sake of it..

I had some Eibach Springs fitted in the end along with the rear camber adjusters (I already had the front camber bolts) and Geometry setup on my DC5 last Friday.

Previously had a Fast Road setup on standard springs which I was happy with but decided to get it lowered just to close that gaping gap between the tyres and the arches to make it level :lol: . I wasn't really expecting much difference from the old setup as I'd previously had the fast road setup but boy has it made a difference. My car is currently running 245 at the fly and in the wet it frequently spins the front wheels in 2nd gear, it was only when I came onto a slip road from the local shell garage to pull onto the dual carriageway I accelerated full throttle to the red line with no wheelspin whatsoever, it also corners with minimal body roll and with confidence and hardly any understeers it just seems to glue round bends. The ride is a little softer at low speeds and less crashy than the standard springs, the only problem is speed bumbs mainly the stubby block ones, but if I line it up to the rightside to avoid the low hanging Toda, the bigger speed bumps are fine though.

Overall its totally transformed the car and given the DC5 a new lease of life. If you haven't already had this done I would highly recommend it.

Thanks again Paul, Mark and Steve :D

Top job as per usual.

Will

LeeH

Advanced Member
Sounds just what I'm looking for.....

You say it feels softer at low speeds??? What about higher speeds?

How much are the springs and fitting?

Why did you choose them over the Spoons?

Sorry for all the Q's :lol:

Lee 8)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
LeeH said:

Lee 8)
When you start to carry more speed through the bends it seems to stiffen up, I think its the fact that the car is lower so it gives you that feeling which gives you more confidence into the bends.

Springs are about £160

JT3173

Advanced Member
LeeH said:

Lee 8)

JT3173

Advanced Member
LeeH said:

Lee 8)
I have the same setup from TDI North, and have daily access to un-restricted autobahns :D .

All I can say is wow, when the needle is nudging (no joke) a smidge under 170mph on the speedo it is rock solid, I have yet to get a GPS speed but it cant be far off 160mph. THE SET UP IS TRUELY AWSOME and as for corners, again wow!

It really seems to be much better than the OEM springs at low speed and over bumps but it is so stable and firm at speed.

Mods, this is not a top speed thread, it was found out legally on the Route 2. :D