Thanks for selling your 5 cheap

coconat

Advanced Member
I posted mine for sale on Facebook a few nights ago for £13,300, 2005 Facelift White/Red combo under 60k miles serviced every 6k miles, pristine condition with tasteful mods (buddyclub pro spec 3 exhaust, upgraded HIDs, mugen style lip, c pack, push start button, headunit with Ipod and blue tooth, little quirky extras such as parcel shelf, mugen gear knob and wind deflectors). Within about 15 minutes of posting I had a few different people PM me to tell me I was dreaming and it wouldn't sell above 10k

Not a single one of them admitted to actually checking how similar examples sell though. Almost every 'similar' Facelift I've seen has either been rough as hell or modded badly, anything around the 10k mark was the same and without the red interior/c pack etc. If you want to import a FL in similar condition and miles/lower miles and no modifications you would be looking to pay up to 14k regardless after the importing fees, SVA test, fog and thatchem alarm install (unless you can do it yourself). They still sell well at japanese auctions due to the newer age.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
The answer really is, don't sell your car. Or if you do make sure you are not in a hurry and it is a great example and keep the price high?

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Sgtscotty182 said:
Just wanted to say thanks to those people who are driving down the prices of the DC5. You know, one of the most respected fwd import track and road ready car that gets respect from all enthusiasts.
Thanks for ensuring that prices continue to fall instead of ensuring that these cars hold their value as they become older and rarer on our streets. Especially clean examples.
Good to know that people are happy to sell their so called pride and joy for as low a price as possible and essentially drag prices across the board down.
Wanted to vent my rage at this as I'm sure many will feel the same. Feel free to hate or whatever. I won't loose sleep, just money.
They are over the ten year old mark and there is no shortage of them to bring over from japan. Not sure what you expect? The more that start to come over the more the price will be influenced.

If you can get a 2001/02 fresh import for £7-£8k with 50kish miles in mint condition it's a no brainer. And there has been a fair few coming in the docks lately in the NE alone over the last few months.

People expect gold for a car that's not really in high demand (in comparison to the ek9 / dc2 scene) and there is no longer a shortage of them.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

mowflow

First post so a quick hello.

I'm currently thinking about getting a DC5 to use as a daily driver. Having owned an EP3 a good few years back I've always had the occasional glance at DC5 prices and they drop at a ridiculously slow rate.

At the bottom end of the market I can imagine a number of younger driver might look at the DC5, really like the look, do a bit of reading then realise that for the same price they could have any number of more modern blown ST type hatches that will produce way more power after a couple of quid spent on a remap. It will probably also be cheaper to insure.

The £14k facelift models have an even tougher battle. For that price you can get a well looked after e46 M3 CS if you can find one or a standard M3 and a reasonable amount left over for "the worst". Or if you are really brave you can get a clean 996 for that.

I could see prices hanging around the £6k mark at the lowest. Thats a reasonable gap from EP3s which I would say are at their bottom. The car almost suffers a bit from its reliability. It's a car that people are willing to take a bit of a punt on even if it's a bit scabby or history is patchy. Repairs/parts are not ruinously expensive like with an M3. Buy one at £7k that needs a bit of work, spend £2k or so on it the first year is more attractive to me than buying at £14k and just falling into the £7k depreciation pit. TBH, if I bought one at £7k and scrapped it after a year I'd still have done better than I did with my last car. I could have bought 2 DC5s and ran them for a year with the amount it lost me in 18 months :(

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
I payed little over 9k for my FL a year ago. Spent a few more thousand in that year on cleaning and maintaining, clutch, front Respray, disks pads, 2 services ect. I like to think Il still get 9k for it, as if you look at the market there's only a hand full of facelifts for sale.
But besides the point I wouldn't sell it hehe.

ShoryuKEN

I too believe dc5's are going stupid cheap. Can easily obtain decent examples of them between £5-6k now from some crazy sellers. The breadvans are still going for £5-6k stock in some cases so it's really a bit of a piss take when you take into account dc5's are still rare around here

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Rough ones here (Ireland) are going for £4800-5200/€6000-6500

Mine wont be sold for that. In fairness my teg is in very good condition(grade 4B with low miles) with full service history. 2 previous owners etc...

If I was selling Id think about selling abroad as most lads here wont pay for decent cars.

Just my opinion