Thanks Sky Insurance

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
So after almost a year of ownership it was renewal time,

28 years old, 11years no claims.

I am currently with Adrian Flux paying £640 so i decided to give them a ring, after a while we got to the price which was £699 - (£350 excess) i thought that's pretty good considering its always in the news how premiums are rocketing.

My current policy had a max mileage of 5k a year, unfortunately have gone over slightly by around 150 miles (my speedo reads over by 10% so i have actually done less than 5k but that's kinda irrelevant)

So being the honest person that i am i declared this to them, i was then charged £53 for going over by 150 miles :(

Before this charge i was happy with the renewal price that i had been quoted but annoyed by this charge i decided to ring Sky Insurance, within 5 minutes i had a renewal quote of £600 - (250 excess)

I rang Adrian Flux back and told them not to bother renewing my policy and then phoned Sky back and accepted and paid for my new policy :)

I have now upped my mileage to 6k a year just incase but i don't think i will even hit 5k, i could have quite easily not said anything about going over my 5k limit and then just merged the mileage into next years and come in with the correct numbers and saved myself £53 but im too honest.

Big thanks to Jason at Sky Insurance, being honest doesn't always pay but i am so glad i decided to get a quote from Sky

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Funny you should say that, I was in a similar situation with the limited mileage agreement, I switched to Sky and saved myself the extra £££. :xcheers:

Love sky, their welcome pack is pretty snazzy as well! 8)

LeeH

Advanced Member
I'm back with sky again after they beat my A Plan quote by £65.