That time already..... o/

truupR

Advanced Member
So, after almost 3 years and around 18,000 miles the DC5 chapter has ended. It's a car that I've absolutely adored from the very first, to the very last drive to it's new owner.

I'm genuinely sad knowing it's now somebody else's to enjoy but I felt the turbo itch had to be scratched, and something new was needed to be experienced.

This forum and the community within it are by far the most mature, friendly and helpful people of any car enthusiast forum I've ever used. I've picked up a huge amount of knowledge about DC5's, the Honda scene and performance cars in general simply by being nosy reading what you guys post, and asking questions myself.

No matter what question I asked, however dumb or however many times it'd been posted, I was fortunate enough to have those with far better experience share their knowledge with me - every single time. I was never made to feel stupid, which is incredibly rare on pretty much all of the past car forums I've used over the years.

I'll certainly be lurking on the forums from time to time, mostly doing what I always do - sponging knowledge off you guys :)

Farewell for now, but who knows, I may be back some day soon.

Rhys.

The old:

And the new (but older in fact!):

p1tse

Advanced Member
Great write up

Cracking new motor and would aim to step that direction one day too

truupR

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Great write up

Cracking new motor and would aim to step that direction one day too
Certainly a different beast all together. It's about as stock as they come engine-wise. Only boasting a Tomei system (of which the volume needs to be addressed. Deafening). I've got plans to take this closer to the 450/500bhp mark in the near future.

I do miss the nimble feel of the DC5 already though. I'm not very confident with the R33 on its capabilities and limitations. It's threatened to bite me already earlier in the rain. While feeling a tad cocky I gave it some beans exiting a corner only to have the back step out of line! Came off the throttle and the 4WD system seemed to tidy it up for me nicely. Still a squeaky bum moment.

The teg I knew through and through, and was always good fun to chuck it into corners every now and then. Amazingly well balanced and composed machine!

p1tse

Advanced Member
I drove a 500bhp version when I was a teen and with the big brakes and not sure what suspension it had then, it was a such a hoot!

Are you anywhere near bristol for a passenger ride ;)

truupR

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I drove a 500bhp version when I was a teen and with the big brakes and not sure what suspension it had then, it was a such a hoot!

Are you anywhere near bristol for a passenger ride ;)
Haha I'm not too far away, just over in South Wales. I'm sometimes in/near Bristol. I'll give you a shout when I've got the aftermarket turbo's up and running :D

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Sorry to see you are leaving & going the Datsun route lol, looks very clean enjoy such amazing car.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thought I'd add to this thread rather than start a new one.

I've sold the Teg tonight, gone to a good home where I'm sure it will be looked after.

So sad to see it go, it's a great car. :(

Just wanted to say thank you to you all on here for your help and advice over the years, I know I've been a pain at times for some you but hopefully I've not caused anyone any issues lol

Will be back one day, hopefully in an FD2 if I can get a better job but for now I will remain on here as a lurker. Life moves on, time for another motor chapter in something different and away from Hondas. Don't think much if anything will compare to the DC5 though.

Thanks everyone,

Marc

p1tse

Advanced Member
Congrats on the sale

Will the new owner be on here?

Hope you got what you wanted for it. What's next?

Good luck going forward, onwards and upwards.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Congrats on the sale

Will the new owner be on here?

Hope you got what you wanted for it. What's next?

Good luck going forward, onwards and upwards.
Thanks Patch!

I've instructed him to come on here as it's a great forum and I've said the support he will get is brilliant so I imagine he should be on here soon. Nice lad too, think he will be a good owner. Certainly seemed impressed with the car.

I got below what I wanted for it which was £6500 but I got £6400 so not all bad. The car for it's bodywork and minor faults is a very good car it really is. I've perhaps been harsh on it but I will miss driving it for sure.

I'm going to look at a couple of Skoda Fabia VRS' tomorrow, the PD130 TDI model. Need something more frugal that still has a bit of power, one of them has coilovers so should handle well. I've done a HPI check on the other and it's come back clear which is a good sign, it's closer to home too but it's had a little prang on the back, nothing major but he's willing to knock some of the money off the asking price for me.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Just as an FYI the seat ibiza fr with the pd130 engine is quicker and more frugal being 100kg lighter than the vrs. My mate had one for years. Once on long run and very light foot got it up to 71mpg lol.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Just as an FYI the seat ibiza fr with the pd130 engine is quicker and more frugal being 100kg lighter than the vrs. My mate had one for years. Once on long run and very light foot got it up to 71mpg lol.
Ha ha! Amazing MPG, would be happy with 50MPG tbh lol.

Interesting, didn't know that - thanks for that. I'm not a huge fan of that model Ibiza, much prefer the VRS' looks.

integraleo

Advanced Member
No worries, cracking little engine that,they do a cupra diesel ibiza too which is 160hp remappable to around 200hp....that thing flies!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Ha ha! Amazing MPG, would be happy with 50MPG tbh lol.

Interesting, didn't know that - thanks for that. I'm not a huge fan of that model Ibiza, much prefer the VRS' looks.
Hi mate.

I've got a golf with pd115 engine and it's frigging awesome as a daily. But the pd130 is definitely the better one to go for.

I would advice against a skoda as I hate the logo haha. The interior on the premium golf's is actually still quite nice, and I'm not sure the skoda / seat will be the same? Anyway something to consider.

Good luck

p1tse

Advanced Member
Again well done

Where did he see the advert, pistonheads?

Good shout above on ibiza. The seat range is overlooked in my eyes and have some good cars for the money