Thatcham Cat 1 Installation

MikeH89

Hi Guys,

Got my DC5 being registered and as soon as I pick it up I will be fitting a Cat 1 alarm with the help of a friend who is a qualified installer.

My question is, does anyone know if the pre facelift DC5 has central locking? If it does, is there a button in the car to operate the locks? If I can avoid removing the door cards to find locking signal wires then that would be fantastic!

If there is any alarm installers on here any advice would be fantastic, I'll be doing to majority of the installation myself and having my friend check it over and certify the install.

Thanks

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
MikeH89 said:
Hi Guys,

Got my DC5 being registered and as soon as I pick it up I will be fitting a Cat 1 alarm with the help of a friend who is a qualified installer.

My question is, does anyone know if the pre facelift DC5 has central locking? If it does, is there a button in the car to operate the locks? If I can avoid removing the door cards to find locking signal wires then that would be fantastic!

If there is any alarm installers on here any advice would be fantastic, I'll be doing to majority of the installation myself and having my friend check it over and certify the install.

Thanks
Yes, it does have central locking. The guy who done mine never had to take off door cards, he accessed the fuse box or something underneath my steering column.

MikeH89

That sounds promising, he would have to take feeds from the ignition barrel too and that means I should hopefully be able to make most of the connections in one area. Thanks for the response!

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
You can tap into the rcl wiring behind the outer kick panel in the drivers footwell

Rom

Advanced Member
As said, no need to access motors themselves.
Depending how involved you want to get with immobiliser circuits, you can do very little stripping or a lot if you like making life hard.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MikeH89

Cheers for the responses chaps. Given me places to go with regards to finding wires. As little strip down as possible for me.

I'm only doing it to keep the insurance happy, fortunately the area I live in isn't one that has much car crime!