the best product to get the car go over 180km/h

jay82

Advanced Member
a place place i live near where i live is saying this is the APEXI RSM (DELIMITER) is best product for the job just want to no is it or not. and what is. i have a pioneer avg-vdp1 so i don't need a big desplay.

Attachments

Suped

Advanced Member
if you have a big bank account, ask NASA for a few rockets to easily hit 180kmh+ in a few seconds.

mikegsi

Staff member
180km/h = 111.8486mph

these cars as standard once deristricted will do 180km/h

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
more than 180kmh mike, with no wind resistance (i.e on a rolling road) 180 something mph has been acheived.

just buy the std speedo convertor , by far the cheapest and easiest.

mikegsi

Staff member
C&S Evo7 said:
more than 180kmh mike, with no wind resistance (i.e on a rolling road) 180 something mph has been acheived.

just buy the std speedo convertor , by far the cheapest and easiest.
of course they will mate, just the question asked concerned 180km/h :wink:

jay82

Advanced Member
there is a limiter on all jap import cars when they come into ireland, doesn't matter if the car is a skyline or evo they will only do 180km/h. i was just askingwhat the best product was for taking the limiter off the car. the APEXI RSM (DELIMITER). i just think this thing is hugh and didn't want it sitting on my dash. is there any other DELIMITER out that i could get that could be hidden in the dash or somethind

Attachments

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
pm andy from 200bhp, he can offer a speedo convertor, if you fit anything else , like the apexi, yes it will delimit but your speedo will not read mph so at 180 kmh (111 ish mph) you will have run out of needle travel.

ally_mac

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
pm andy from 200bhp, he can offer a speedo convertor, if you fit anything else , like the apexi, yes it will delimit but your speedo will not read mph so at 180 kmh (111 ish mph) you will have run out of needle travel.
This guy is from Ireland mate, so they use kmh instead of mph, so he cant use the converter as he needs the speedo to be in kmh

lockwood77

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
there is a limiter on all jap import cars when they come into ireland, doesn't matter if the car is a skyline or evo they will only do 180km/h. i was just askingwhat the best product was for taking the limiter off the car. the APEXI RSM (DELIMITER). i just think this thing is hugh and didn't want it sitting on my dash. is there any other DELIMITER out that i could get that could be hidden in the dash or somethind
Ah, now that IS what my RSM looks like! I have it in the glovebox, too tempting for thieves to leave it on the dash (not worth much really, but dumbass thieves might think it's a satnav or something).

I take it the Pioneer avg-vdp1 is what that picture in the first post is - presumably that's a headunit. Didn't know you could get such a thing to display all that info.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
AS far as i understand unless you fit the speedo drive convertor your actual speedo will still only read up to 180 kmh, even if the ecu is delimited.

Using an rsm or pivot will delimit the car but do nothing to the speedo.
I have never tested this so i could be completely wrong.

jay82

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
jay82 said:
Ah, now that IS what my RSM looks like! I have it in the glovebox, too tempting for thieves to leave it on the dash (not worth much really, but dumbass thieves might think it's a satnav or something).

I take it the Pioneer avg-vdp1 is what that picture in the first post is - presumably that's a headunit. Didn't know you could get such a thing to display all that info.
yea go to my car and u'll see the stuff i use to get up on the head unit. it's all pioneer. only got it all put in few weeks ago. but am missing the cable fo the display, should have it in a few weeks.

macer

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
macer said:
Where in Ireland are you living?
live the north side of dublin never even heard of yuor place up at the naas road
I live in swords myself, You should call over to the Tuning Factory some time, we do quite a lot of work with DC5's.

gregb

Advanced Member
Aido-99 said:
Im lookin to get my dc5 delimited whats the cheapest way? Aido kildare
I think it`s all ready been said,ie the Pivot would probably be the cheapest.
It`s not really a huge benefit but there was an occasion or two i could have used the likes heading home to Newbridge :wink:
Check with Nick @CDA out past clonee,i`m sure he`d have a few options.