The DC5 has gon, cheers guys.

matt b

Advanced Member
Well she has gone :( and im gutted............. didnt think I would be that upset but I am! Only managed to enjoy it for 5 months but it just wasnt finacially worth me keeping. It was such a good car too and a real minter for its age :p but its gone to a good home a new member Archie xthumbup hope you enjoy it as much as I did mate!

Just want to say thanks for help and advice from everyone on here and thaanks to Duncan for getting me such a goodun! Ill still be knocking arund on here keeping up to date with things! Iv gone full circle Ep3 to DC2 to S2000 to DC5 and now its looking like back to EP3 :lol:

truffs

real shame mate, now how you fell as i m in the same boat. Had mine for a year now and its going to be like parting with a friend. Mind you at least you are going back to Honda im side shifting to a Subaru for a while but then back onto a DC5 with vegance, I hope. Mind you i could go Simons way: meet girl, do things with girl, baby, bye bye DC5 hellooooo Espace :lol: :lol: (please note part three, four and five havent happend yet !!!!)

matt b

Advanced Member
truffs said:
real shame mate, now how you fell as i m in the same boat. Had mine for a year now and its going to be like parting with a friend. Mind you at least you are going back to Honda im side shifting to a Subaru for a while but then back onto a DC5 with vegance, I hope. Mind you i could go Simons way: meet girl, do things with girl, baby, bye bye DC5 hellooooo Espace :lol: :lol: (please note part three, four and five havent happend yet !!!!)
Its a gutter mate it really really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id like to come back to a DC5 but i think my next real monster will be a Tommi Mac EVO VI as iv always wanted one and promised myself one at some point but this wont be for a good few years.....

Trikki Nikki

matt b said:
Iv gone full circle Ep3 to DC2 to S2000 to DC5 and now its looking like back to EP3 :lol:
Why in gods name would you want an EP3 when you can get a DC2 for half the cost. And don't anyone use their iminent arrival of children as an excuse. Im sure everyone on here has heard of the DB8. A ITR with four doors 8)

VTEC for all the familly :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
and the running costs cant be much different in an ep3 to a dc5, so thats not a valid excuse either! :wink: :D

neolee40

Advanced Member
matt b said:
Well she has gone :( and im gutted............. didnt think I would be that upset but I am! Only managed to enjoy it for 5 months but it just wasnt finacially worth me keeping. It was such a good car too and a real minter for its age :p but its gone to a good home a new member Archie xthumbup hope you enjoy it as much as I did mate!

Just want to say thanks for help and advice from everyone on here and thaanks to Duncan for getting me such a goodun! Ill still be knocking arund on here keeping up to date with things! Iv gone full circle Ep3 to DC2 to S2000 to DC5 and now its looking like back to EP3 :lol:
I might be joining you haha

T666YPR

Feel for you Matt,must be hard to let her go. :(

Dan,I'm pretty sure I can fit a child seat in the boot if I have any slip ups! :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
the boot on these is huge compared to other type r's ive had!

its bigger than our lass's golf's boot, which can only just fit the pram/pushchair thing in it!

truffs

ive had a 8foot long flatpack Ikea wardrobe in mine :lol: HUGE boot space esp when you put the rear seats down :!:

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
[/quote]

Id like to come back to a DC5 but i think my next real monster will be a Tommi Mac EVO VI as iv always wanted one and promised myself one at some point but this wont be for a good few years.....[/quote]

Excellent choice - I now have a VI and love it to bits, and for once and for all will be sticking with it.

We (MLR) also won the TOTB IV team trophy yesterday - 3 evo's in the top 4 handling, another took the 4wd top speed (199), and 4th in the 1/4 mile at 10.2 (the skyline's won that at 9.3 :eek: )

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Was that one of Simon's Evos again? :x I have no idea how that guy gets so much out of a straight four!

Matt - :cry:

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
Sorry to be off topic.

Matt - no it was RC developments 930bhp VI, although he hit some debris at 190 mph which damaged a hose and caused the head gasket to go, leading to his retirement before getting some more 1/4 mile runs in
(have to agree with you about getting that out of a straight 4)
Norris designs didn't have his own car there, although a few customers did.

EVO's came 1st, 2nd, and 4th in the handling circuit, with a little Dax rush 3rd.

To see the skyline do a 9.3s (168mph) 1/4 was unreal.

The RWD (1200bhp) Supra did a 10.89, and a FWD Rover coupe did a low 12 !!!

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Oh Matt! Sorry to hear this.... well, kinda :wink: . I've got all of Reading and surrounds back to myself! Or have I? Where does Archie live 8-[ ?

See ya around fella!

Mark

matt b

Advanced Member
scaryprowler said:
Oh Matt! Sorry to hear this.... well, kinda :wink: . I've got all of Reading and surrounds back to myself! Or have I? Where does Archie live 8-[ ?

See ya around fella!

Mark
Its back to your own now :wink: Archie is over in Kent so its all good :lol: But look out for my new black tinted and maybe soon to be LSD'd EP3 :oops: :lol:

Ps soory didnt reply to your txt my phone is up the spout :x