The DC5 hunt begins...

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Well, It's been a whole 6 months since I decided I was going to buy a DC5 and what a looooong wait it has been! but I can now say I am well and truly ready to take the jump.

Insurance has been changed to accommodate the switch to a Japanese Import, Private Registration is in the post and all I have to do now is put my Fiesta up for sale or part ex if needs be 8)

I was also sad enough to get two of these designed and printed up to cover my registration when taking pics or at shows :D

These Will be trimmed and mounted to size when I get the plates through.

Arctic Blue DC5, Mmm, watch this space! :D...

I'm so excited! I think I just wet me pants :lol:

alexparkes

Advanced Member
The Fiesta to DC5 jump is a rather nice one to make!
You wont look back, trust me!

On another note, you're also from zsoc, right?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
alexparkes said:
The Fiesta to DC5 jump is a rather nice one to make!
You wont look back, trust me!

On another note, you're also from zsoc, right?
Lol Yeah I am :D I thought I recognised your name!

Zetec/VTEC, its all the same, lol.

Wootty

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Well, It's been a whole 6 months since I decided I was going to buy a DC5 and what a looooong wait it has been!
Why get Accord Blue when you can have Milano Red.... xthumbup

Raffe

Advanced Member
I made the same transition....bought the ZS as a cheap interim car whilst saving for the wedding and was truly shocked by how great a car it was..once it had some Eagle F1's on it became even better..I also used ZSOC but rarely posted much :D

Mark_teg

Staff member
I also had zs. Great fun. A very popular 'starting out' car it seems?!
I too used zsoc, also rarely posting. Went to a few meets though.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
JT3173 said:
Where did you get the plate stickers printed, they are great and how much?
Well, they are just normal Photo prints through Jessops which I will glue onto a template. I traced the Integra Type-R logo myself from a desktop picture (I'm a Graphic Designer by profession)

So I guess you can get them printed where you like as long as you have the original files...

Go here, Click on the images and download them both :D They need to be printed at 15" x 10" so they will be to scale. They have crop marks too.... but It's probably more accurate if you just trace round the numberplate for a more accurate fit when you stick them onto some card or something..... I'm guessing you could get stickers made up too? but I just went for the glossy photo route because the quality is just superb.

http://picasaweb.google.com/porthos.mus ... JQIU0B9qFQ

alexparkes

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Zetec/VTEC, its all the same, lol.
:shocked: No way, how can you say that man! As much as I am a Ford boy, Vtec is way better!

Wootty said:
Why get Accord Blue when you can have Milano Red.... xthumbup
This man makes a very, very good point ;)

danielb

Want to import the DC5 myself!

Hello I am new to the game and i want to know would it be worth my while in importing the DC5 Type R myself?

Could you give me any information or should i just buy from an English dealer?

dotty

Advanced Member
Re: Want to import the DC5 myself!

danielb said:
Hello I am new to the game and i want to know would it be worth my while in importing the DC5 Type R myself?

Could you give me any information or should i just buy from an English dealer?
Hi mate,

There are plenty of importers on here that will do it for you. Andy (200bhp cars) has a great rep.

Check out the cars for sale sections

IMO importing yourself is a PITA!