The deer won!

bennn

Advanced Member
Bet its been insured as a DC2. Sorry to hear this. Is there no further information on the insurance schedule than integra 16v?

Brophy

Advanced Member
That's absolutely shocking :( gutted to hear this for you. Hope somehow can resolve it.

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Thanks lads.

bennn said:
Bet its been insured as a DC2. Sorry to hear this. Is there no further information on the insurance schedule than integra 16v?
I think that's what's happened myself. Nope not a thing, but it's insured as a 2L and I told them it was a dc5 2L vtec type R so it's the brokers mistake here & I will not let this go! IF the insurance compant don't pay the brokers will be!!!

I'm livid!

Benneh

Advanced Member
Might be worth chatting to CAB or a solicitor and getting their input on kt as well! Just more food for thought!

Jemmy

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Citizens Advice Bureau
Ha oh yea brain melting here with all this going on! I was on to the IIF as well but they weren't v helpful tbh. I'm giving them until Tues to sort it & if it's not sorted I will be unleashing the wrath of Jemmy !! lol

Jemmy

Advanced Member
@Ezza With AIG throught the brokers

@Erm Yea well that's what I would have thought!

Ezza

Advanced Member
Stories like your is mainly the reason i always stay with either Sky or A Plan. Its a joke that they are trying to place the blame on your! I recall when i insured my CTR with greenlight they recorded that i had an accident on my policy. I only found this out during my renewal and challenged that they had a mistake during my initial quote a year back. They went through the telephone records and confirmed they were incorrect and subsequently changed the renewal. However, i was never issued any refund and im sure it would have added a slight premium to my quote :(

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
16v as well,  that's not a false statement either.  
Well that's what I'm trying to get them to see that as far as I knew it was all correct, Integra 16v 2L, why would that flag as wrong with me so the mistake is theirs.

Ezza said:
Stories like your is mainly the reason i always stay with either Sky or A Plan. Its a joke that they are trying to place the blame on your! I recall when i insured my CTR with greenlight they recorded that i had an accident on my policy. I only found this out during my renewal and challenged that they had a mistake during my initial quote a year back. They went through the telephone records and confirmed they were incorrect and subsequently changed the renewal. However, i was never issued any refund and im sure it would have added a slight premium to my quote :(
If I thought their was any issue I'd have bullied them to correct it but I genuinely didn't see any problem with it. I'm going to request a copy of all calls & documents on Tues if they don't have it sorted

Erm

Advanced Member
I don't see how they can say it was insured wrongly? If its down in black and white as in integra 16v 2 litre, thats the car you own and had insured. There is no other 2 litre integra

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Erm said:
I don't see how they can say it was insured wrongly? If its down in black and white as in integra 16v 2 litre, thats the car you own and had insured. There is no other 2 litre integra
Well that will be in defense should I need it Tuesday! What's the spec for the type s dc5s?

ste01

Advanced Member
The DC5 type S is a 2ltr k20A3. I don't see how they can use it as a defence not to pay tho as the car description they have listed, Honda Integra 2.0 16v is not any more or less applicable to any other trim level. You could only get a type R or IS, then either a type R or type S, all are 2ltr 16v.

This thread made me look at my own insurance, I noticed that Greenlight listed my car as just a Honda Integra DC5, with 2ltr engine and 5 seats?! So I rang them to correct it and they didn't care as the engine size was right...

Don't wanna hijack the thread but is anyone else with greenlight? What are your cars down as?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I reckon they are trying to go on the fact it is 2.0 16v but not "Type R" That is always their argument. The fact it is down as 2.0 I think rules out being down a Dc2

Brophy

Advanced Member
This thread made me look at my own insurance, I noticed that Greenlight listed my car as just a Honda Integra DC5, with 2ltr engine and 5 seats?! So I rang them to correct it and they didn't care as the engine size was right...

Don't wanna hijack the thread but is anyone else with greenlight? What are your cars down as?

I'm with greenlight. I also queried the 5 seats and said it only had 4. Think they amended it, but I went through a few times just checking everything was correct mines is listed as Honda Integra type r dc5 :)