The deer won!

Jemmy

Advanced Member
So looks like I've got it sorted & won the battle, well kinda! They set a condition that I don't try put a performance car on for the remainder of my policy! Tbh I don't care I'm getting my money & that will do for now, means I need to rethink whether I want to bother fixing her or just sell her on as is. :-(

Thanks for all your help in my moment of panic!!

Erm

Advanced Member
Jemmy said:
So looks like I've got it sorted & won the battle, well kinda! They set a condition that I don't try put a performance car on for the remainder of my policy! Tbh I don't care I'm getting my money & that will do for now, means I need to rethink whether I want to bother fixing her or just sell her on as is. :-(

Thanks for all your help in my moment of panic!!
Good news!

Fix it up, you know it makes sense =)

TyperItr

Advanced Member
What was their reason for the initial refusal to pay up? And why did they decide to change their mind? If you don't mind telling us.

Jemmy

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
What was their reason for the initial refusal to pay up? And why did they decide to change their mind? If you don't mind telling us.
Honestly I'm not really sure, I'm keeping quiet unitl I have my money in my hand then I'm going to request a full explanation. They asked me yesterday was I fixing the car or replacing it, I just said for the time being I'm replacing it because I need something to get in and out of work so no choice. The brokers told me on the phone had I said I was fixing the car to drive daily the insurance comapny probably wouldn't have honoured the claim.

The insurance company want nothing to do with preformance cars appartently. I don't know much more than that for now, bet you they would insure a bloody M5 though!! I'm a 28yr old girl with 9yrs no claims and the only claim I've had was an act of nature, it's not like I'm a huge risk they have no excuse. Just being awkward!

When I find out more I'll let you know though :)

Erm

Advanced Member
Brokers are fucking stupid then if they say the insurance company want nothing to do with performance cars, yet they chose to give them your car to insure.

Benneh

Advanced Member
Sounds like the insurance company just thought it was DC2; or are at least using that as an excuse to try and not payout!

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Yea that's pretty much how it sounds, I will be looking for a full explanation though once I have the money secure in my account!! Tbh I think at the end of the day it seems to be the brokers fault, when I stick my reg in to get an online quote with the insurance company direct it brings up a DC5. So I sent the brokers a screenshot of that last week after talking to them & that's when they started to actually fight my case. I think someone manually put in the car model & incorrectly. It's the only explanation that seems to make sense!

I'm just glad I'm getting the money, if I have to drive a sh!tbox for awhile then that's what I'll do then I'll look elsewhere. I'm just not sure if I want to fix the teg now after all this hassle, might just go for an s15!!

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Right so parts hopefully on the way over next wk. Looking forward to getting her back on the road now. Missing my spins over the Wicklow mountains!

So I need bulbs for the headlights, anyone any recommendations? I know nothing about lights/brands etc! Was going to order off one of the traders on here.

Erm

Advanced Member
depends what you wanna spend for headlight bulbs really....

something like these if you want a branded set are good http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-PHILIPS-D2R-ULTRABLUE-XENON-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-LAMPS-6000K-AUDI-BMW-MERCEDES-VW-/221206708609?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3380f28181

otherwise if you wanna go cheap option then you can get a set of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D2R-6000K-White-HID-Xenon-Bulb-2-Replacement-Bulbs-Headlight-35w-Lamp-Light-UK-/251069668408?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a74eb1c38 for £50 less

I like 6000K colour temperature for the bulbs as gives a white light with a very slight blue tint but keeps a great light output. OEM is 4300K which is more yellowish in colour.

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Thanks, def don't want the yellowish colour just a nice bright white will do grand!

Just need to find the throttle body sensors now too.

Paudie_DC5R

Glad to see you finally got it sorted. There is a full dc5 in wicklow for breaking on donedeal it might be worth a shot as its not so far away.

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Oh didn't see that one, sure it's in the same county then! I'll have to go check it out now. Thanks :)

EDIT: Just had a look there must have been taken down :(

Paudie_DC5R

No its still there. I can't link it because on the phone and it won't let me but its in motors, car extras, car parts. 03 spec DC5 Type R in Wicklow 1 day old. Just in case you can't find it 086 - 1595434 (John) hope this helps.

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Ah right, thanks a mil I'll cehck it out. I was looking in cars for sale they are ususal in there.

Bikerz

Please name and shame the broker and insurance company once settled. I want to know who to avoid!