this thread is making me ill! :oops:

you'll never see mine dirty!
Seconded...

I found some dirt on my car once... it didn't last long! :wink:

EDIT:
Just found some more... :roll:

V7MAT

clean freak
lol! i love that, its a job i have to do soon, remove the drain channel inserts and spoil to remove that grubby film.

how do the channel inserts come out?

edit: did you remove the badges or detail around them? thanks.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
V7MAT said:
how do the channel inserts come out?
You have to push one end towards the other, whilst slightly pushing down, if that makes sense. You can see the fixing that holds each end in place in the first photo...

V7MAT said:
did you remove the badges or detail around them? thanks.
No, I just used a soft toothbrush, with some g3, followed by some less abrasive polish to finish it off, not perfect, but a whole lot better... :wink:

V7MAT

clean freak
ok, cheers pal. i'll give the channels a go. I've had a few goes with the toothbrush around the badges, maybe another go is required. Across the top of the screen rubber is bad too, i had a go at that while i'm there! 8)

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
V7MAT said:
ok, cheers pal. i'll give the channels a go. I've had a few goes with the toothbrush around the badges, maybe another go is required. Across the top of the screen rubber is bad too, i had a go at that while i'm there! 8)
You have to be persistent, very persistent :oops: G3 definitely makes the difference though, you have to keep it wet or you'll ruin the paint. I've gone round all the edges now, as you say top of windscreen rubber, bottom of rear screen, around rear side windows, beneath the mirrors, around the rear spoiler where it joins the tailgate, fuel filler, where the lips join... etc etc, it took bloody ages, but it's worth it... it's all in the details. :wink:

V7MAT

clean freak
i've done, bottom of windows, round handles and the lip joins, under the sills and lips are mint now too i just need to look at the jobs i mentioned above again....

One reson why i backed of before was because of what you mentioned, i didn't wanna ruin the paint! i'll have a go this week and report back ;)

i'll get some G3, is it much more agressive than t-cut? :)oops:)

i think this thread can now be considered HI JACKED!!

far cooler than dirty! 8)

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
V7MAT said:
i'll get some G3, is it much more agressive than t-cut? :)oops:)
Looking good! Yes consider it at least 10 times more abrasive than t-cut, if you go rub an edge with it for more than 15 seconds with vigor, you can expect to see no paint left! Obviously on a flat surface and applying it gently, you wont get into trouble that quickly, but do mind how you go. Just remember to keep it very wet (I use the paste), they do a liquid one but I've never used it, so couldn't comment. It will slightly dull the paintwork after using it, hence the need for a finer polish afterwards... good luck.

Right boys and girls, you can carry on posting pictures of your dirty cars! Shame on you! :lol:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I thought my car was filthy today, probably the dirtiest it's ever been, so I took some pictures, only to realise it's hardly dirty at all, think I may have OCD. :lol:

I gave it a good going over today, but didn't finish it until it was getting dark, so pics are pretty poor... here it is all shiny... :D

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Omg you dirty bastards! :lol: I would like to think i'd never let mine get like that but in this weather its unavoidable!

V7MAT

clean freak
-Woody- said:
Omg you dirty bastards! :lol: I would like to think i'd never let mine get like that but in this weather its unavoidable!
i'm managing so far =D>

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
oh WestYorkshireman, u have copied my wheel choice ! grrr :eek: :D

Here's mine looking filth and then looking a little better..

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Re:

TypeGRRR said:
Does it not drive you mad that the numberplate is too big for the mounting and overhangs? or is my OCD worse than yours lol

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
I've got a smaller front plate fitted on mine as it apparantly annoyed the previous owner :lol:

tbf it probably would have done my head in too