The Making of K20A/K24 BOTTOM

terry

Finally, the big dream is just weeks ahead. I have a chance to do the ultimate k20/k24 bottom, after saving money for some time. But i faced few tough decisions. One thing for sure, im using the k24 block. But here's my dilemmas:

1)Should i change the stock injectors or no?
2)Im using Toda A2 cams, is there a more powerful yet streetable(in other words, comfortable to be daily driven) cams to suit the k24 better?
3) What size, compression ratio and brand of pistons is good? (Again, streetable is the key)

Anyone whom has experience or had heard a thing or two, feel free to turn in your opinions, thanks !

jostrom

Advanced Member
terry said:
1)Should i change the stock injectors or no?
You will need to. 440cc or 550cc depending on your goals.

terry said:
2)Im using Toda A2 cams, is there a more powerful yet streetable(in other words, comfortable to be daily driven) cams to suit the k24 better?
IPS KME.

terry said:
3) What size, compression ratio and brand of pistons is good? (Again, streetable is the key)
Size depends whether you will sleeve the block or not. 86-87mm if not sleeving, 88-89mm sleeved. 12.0-12.5 CR. Wiseco/JE pistons.

These are just my opinions, we need more!

jostrom

Advanced Member
IPS is only closed for public, so they don't sell direct anymore. IPS products can be bought from their distributors like ERL Performance etc.

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
hey terry u have a DC5...? im from mallaysia as well.. so hard to find locals with 5 here huh