The phantom drip

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Does anyone else get this when they clean the DC5? Every time I clean mine and come to drying there is a constant drip under each wing mirror. No matter how much I dry it every time I go to the other side of the car and come back, there's another bloody line of water running down the side. I end up drying it about half a dozen times. I try to dry all around the mirror and in the little gap under the mirror holder, yet it still drips.

This is my hell :xaiweb4:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ha ha yeah, means when you are hosing the car, you hose into the wing mirror and the water pools in there and slowly drips out over time. I imagine everyone gets this.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
This is why I wash the car in the morning, then let the sun dry the car out before I go for a ride

JezW

Advanced Member
A little while ago I went over my car with Iron X (you know, that purple stuff that removes iron "contaminants" lol).

I gave it a good wash after, but around the wing mirrors there was purplish water flowing out for hours. Drove me crazy!

boz5r

Advanced Member
Yep thought it was only me,also get anoyed by all the muck leaves etc that seem to congregate behnd the bonnet hinges.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Yeah tis annoying, i end up opening the door's seeing where it comes from, there's a channel just inside that feed's it out to the outside and shove a micro cloth in there......The ruddy water still keeps flowing.....LOL :)

T.G.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Think every suffers this. Lol as annoying as it is.... Ive stopped mine ;)

Any super absorbant household paper towel, let it soak up most of whats in behind the black wingmirror plastic by sticking the paper towel lightly around the bottem edge, (dont scruntch it up). Then when you cant get much more out with the paper towel, suck the little bit left out with a vac. Ive got an old aqua vac thing thats about 30 years old in the garage, hoovers out the water from in behind there a treat. (I dont want to ruin it so hence the paper towel for the most part)

Works for me. :). The only bit that now gets me is when all is dry, put down the window, then as you close it, get wet streak marks... Grrrr. Lol always git a microfiber in the car, gf thinks im mad. Haha

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Also when youv'e just finished lift the boot and hay presto that starts dripping as well....... :rolleyes:

T.G.

tico_87

Advanced Member
This really annoys me lol end up getting dry water marks across the entire doors :evil:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
Also when youv'e just finished lift the boot and hay presto that starts dripping as well....... :rolleyes:

T.G.
Ha ha! Yep. Really annoying. I found opening and closing the door a few times helps. You look mad doing it but it helps! As for the boot... 😡

Erm

Advanced Member
Give the car a quick blast up the road to get the wind to get it all out lol

jambo

Advanced Member
yep know the feeling. Does your head in so i have a compressor and blow it out now.

Ben_brodie

Advanced Member
A little while ago I went over my car with Iron X (you know, that purple stuff that removes iron "contaminants" lol).

I gave it a good wash after, but around the wing mirrors there was purplish water flowing out for hours. Drove me crazy!

:/ nightmare, I wear a face mask when using iron-x, it's by far the worst smelling detailing product

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind it as if you've waxed it up after washing then it just beeds on the doors and doesn't leave a stain.