The revival of YC53 FLO, works done so far!!

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Some of you were after the rags to riches story on YC53 FLO and the works have begun!

Finally got the car out of the bodyshop on the weekend after a complete front end re spray, gave it a good valet on Sunday and ready for the next stages which include both sides to be re-sprayed so the whole car is practically on fresh paint.

The wheels also got refurbed and sprayed in champ white, but I must say I think I will be getting them powder coated in the near future as the job was not perfect.

Got the dodgy fog light covers put back to black from a crappy white spray job and had the underside of the bonnet sprayed also so no rust and shiny new champ white.

Engine bay got a whole day spent on cleaning it, also put the crinkle red replacement rocker cover on and a Tegiwa induction kit.

Boot has been primed and sprayed back to champ white where water had got in through the seals and caused some surface rust.

The interior of the car has always been pretty mint but the drivers seat fabric could do with replacing if I can find anywhere that supplys the right colour??

The sticky number plate needs replacing as was too big!

Here is some pics and more will follow as works progress.

Attachments

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
mate get the sticky numer plate moved to the side under the passenger headlight, looks wayyyy better
GOOD IDEA MATE, THIS DOESNT FIT AND IS GOING IN THE BIN ANYWAY!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
swanny1982 said:
GOOD IDEA MATE, THIS DOESNT FIT AND IS GOING IN THE BIN ANYWAY!
mate contact wocka on here, he makes them up which fits perfectly as i have had 2 sets off him, and he uses the smaller import size fonts, look at my profile pic for an e.g

much better than daves suggestion in the middle :)

swanny1982

Advanced Member
ha ha, will go with the idea to the left of the bumper I think but in a smaller font and plate then ive used both your suggestions lol

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Nice one. Good to see the 5 get the love it deserves and its looking good.

Well done for taking her on. And yeah that plate needs to go!

miki1212

Advanced Member
looking good.. but put the plate in the middle, look like it ha a tooth missing to the side, a bit retarded haha... :xaiweb5:

dave c

400hp K20
Saint Matt said:
Mine lives under the passenger floor mat :D
same :)

And ironically i've had less issues from the old bill with no plate. Than I did with a sticky plate???

Nice resurrection project too btw

swanny1982

Advanced Member
No plate it is then, although i did get pulled the other day in my old Golf R32 and was asked why I had German Pressed number plates on my quite obviously UK car, quick thinking came out and said I had been to a VW show on the weekend and forgot to change them back, he let me off too!