The rising cost of insurance?

redcap

Advanced Member
Why is my insurance going up instead of down? I'm with Sky BTW, Only been insured with them for the DC5.

£490 Paid
£560 Paid
£665 Quoted

Now i'm no insurance expert but surely I have more no claims more experience/older and the car is worth less! = Higher Premium???

34, 8 yrs NCB, Protected No Claims, Good post code as far as i know.

Makes me wonder where these figures come from???

dave c

400hp K20
redcap said:
Why is my insurance going up instead of down? I'm with Sky BTW, Only been insured with them for the DC5.

£490 Paid
£560 Paid
£665 Quoted

Now i'm no insurance expert but surely I have more no claims more experience/older and the car is worth less! = Higher Premium???

34, 8 yrs NCB, Protected No Claims, Good post code as far as i know.

Makes me wonder where these figures come from???

If you just accept your renewal quote every year they will be stiffing you, even sky (and i like sky) seem to do this! Its really annoying as it means the whole insurance circus starts again EVERY YEAR yawn!, they should actively seek out the best deal for you in your circumstances and offer you that. It seems to be a little bit more like..."Let's see how much we can add on and see if we get away with it".

It is, imo, In an insurers interest to keep its insured owners happy and retain them as clients. At the moment is seems that every 12 months I have to run through the same stupid rigmarole.

First, I get my renewal through and get upset with the obscene amount quoted,

Second, I return to last years list and start calling companies and giving them my details

I find out how overpriced my re-quote was AGAIN!

I find a price that i'm happy with and its usually between sky, aplan, flux, or performance direct and I go with the one that was the least hassle and pissed me off the least on the phone.

They should do this FOR YOU rather than the other way round. Insurers are far too focussed on the new business when the repeat business is the most sensible option in insurance terms

RANT over (can anyone tell its coming up to insurance time lol)

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Can't add a huge amount to the above. One trick I tried was ringing round and finding the cheapest quote, knocking around £50 off that and taking that back to original insurer. It's worked a few times.

redcap

Advanced Member
As has been said it's the usual ring around for cheaper quotes and end up staying with your insurer matching your best quote, makes you wonder why they can't give you the best quote in the first place.

So Sky have done it for £521 which is reasonable.

Anyone looking for a quote atm also call Tett Hamilton and A Plan! I had very good quotes from them.

TommyDC5

Bell insurance normally give me the best quotes with the least hassle.
Saying this I agree with you guys that it is a big pain in the buttocks having to ring around to get the best quote when they should just try their best on getting repeat business... it makes no sense whatsoever to charge more?

Tim J

Advanced Member
Ross,

I hate to say it but the winters snow put an end to a reduction in premiums - there must have been an awful lot of claims.

I've just hit a milestone, age wise, and so was expecting a reduction but it's gone up £80 !!

Usual story - play each broker off each other to get the quote down - good luck

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Tim J said:
Usual story - play each broker off each other to get the quote down - good luck
We shouldn't have to. Sky,are recommended, on her and the dc2 forum. I expect a good quote,every time. :idea:

I'm not happy. [-(

dave kil

Advanced Member
Approach them as a new customer and odds are your quote will be alot better than the renewel offered.

It's mindboggling how they are allowed away with it ](*,)