The salt ate my wheels

shaf

Hey all,

Managed to give the teg a good wash after all the bad weather and realised the salt has started to eat the paint from in between the alloys :xmad:

I was wondering has any one had their wheels refurbbed.

What‘s the best option paint or powder coat and can u tell the difference ?

Many thanks

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
If your wheels are CW then you won't get powder coat that will match as they don't make CW powder coat.

My wheels were refurbed in a sort of antracite silver, darker than the OEM silver that you get and i love it, not sure if they were powdercoated or not tho (was before my ownership). But to my knowledge powdercoating is more durable and generally less troublesome in the aftercare stage... of course it is usually a tad more expensive.

Looks like that

LeeH

Advanced Member
I did the inside my self last year. Going to do the outside this summer, its not that hard at all to get a really good finish.

You can get a powder coat that is a match but it's a mix of 2 RAL numbers. It will come up in a search if you look long enough.

C2BDB

Advanced Member
i had my wheels powder coated in Prestwick at carrick engineering 01292 431190 £135 for all four this is the end result happy with them :D

you can just make out the colour difference on the center caps but it really isn't that bad

linzi94

Advanced Member
i got mine done at Chameleon in renfrew.

Unit 8
Station Crescent, Renfrew, PA4 8RA
0141 885 1714

i think they were about £140 for 4 with no tyres. i had to paint the centre caps myself but that was no hassle.

mark type r

Advanced Member
I had mine sprayed by a mobile guy (Wheel Wizard) but they haven't lasted through this winter. I have a 12 month warranty but i dont think it will be worth getting them repaired as i know come next winter they will just knacker again! :(

It looks like powder coating is better than respray as they finish is shiny and smooth.

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
linzi94 said:
i got mine done at Chameleon in renfrew.

Unit 8
Station Crescent, Renfrew, PA4 8RA
0141 885 1714

i think they were about £140 for 4 with no tyres. i had to paint the centre caps myself but that was no hassle.
Can recommend this place too as I used them for a set of wheels on my old FTO and they done a great job on them.
(would have went for a different colour if I was going to kept it, but knew I was going to sell it as I was looking for a DC5 so didnt want to do anything that could put off a buyer)