The Teg has gone :-(

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Just a quick thread so i can whine like a little girl :lol:

Sold my Teg last weekend :(

Traded it in for a 2005 Impreza - pics below

Was fancying a change for a bit, and the teg had cost me a fair bit over my ownership and i wasn't completely confident in it not to carry on costing me money tbf so bit the bullet and traded it in.

I'm still really pining after it atm but hopefully that'll pass soon (although i can see it not passing and me being after teg no2...) Its like anything i guess, you'll never really know what you had till its gone so time will tell if im drawn back to the fold!

The missus could tell i was moaping around a bit after the teg went so bought me this to cheer me up :lol:

Fair play it worked a treat!

This is the beast i'll now be driving

The power delivery is just so so different from the Teg, boost is quite addictive! and the 4wd grip has amazed me in the short time i've had it so far. defiantly not enjoying the fuel consumption though :shock: but it does have a really lovely sound so atleast you can hear where your moneys going :lol:

I'll still be hanging around here though as i haven't found a scooby forum with the same ethos as this yet because there mostly, from what i've seen so far, full of chavs...

dotty

Advanced Member
You will be back.. we all come back ;)

If you think the Teg has cost you some money, wait until you need to change the discs on that scooby :green:

That Sti will be on average double the running costs of your DC5.

Enjoy though, I did briefly ;)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Blimey, ANOTHER one gone! :?

Shame... Nice Scooby though!

As above.... you'll be back, ha ha!

firthy22

Advanced Member
Can understand your reasoning but I'll be sticking withthe DC5 for quite a while.

Heard too many horror stories about fuel consumption and servicing/maintenance costs of Scoobies and Evo's to even consider one. In fact my friend at work just had his Scoobie serviced and he got no change from £1,300 because it needed new front discs and pads.

The chav and common as muck comments don't bother me about Scoobies/Evo's, they are undoubtedly nice cars in their own right, just don't think my wife or my wallet would see it that way. Anyway, enjoy the Scoobie while you have it, it's a nice looking motor you have.

Ezza

Advanced Member
How much difference is the fuel consumption? Been very tempted to make the same switch myself ](*,)

eXceed

Resident Driver
firthy22 said:
Can understand your reasoning but I'll be sticking withthe DC5 for quite a while.

Heard too many horror stories about fuel consumption and servicing/maintenance costs of Scoobies and Evo's to even consider one. In fact my friend at work just had his Scoobie serviced and he got no change from £1,300 because it needed new front discs and pads.

The chav and common as muck comments don't bother me about Scoobies/Evo's, they are undoubtedly nice cars in their own right, just don't think my wife or my wallet would see it that way. Anyway, enjoy the Scoobie while you have it, it's a nice looking motor you have.
Scoobys are really common, but that's only because they are soo good. I found most of the owners at the Colin McRae gathering to be sensible and middle age in most cases. It was only 'chavs' in the version 5 downwards :lol:

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
RE the fuel costs... The missus just filled it up this morning and below is the result...

23.5MPG - to be fair we have been flooring it everywhere :lol: so i'll expect that to rise a bit, perhaps to 26 :lol:

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/sovietspybob/wrx

Also ive been looking at the disks and pads and there not a huge ammount more than the teg :?: unless there somehow alot more expensive to fit at a scooby servicing place. Front disks are £73.04 for the pair and OEM brembo pads are £30.13 with uprated ones again about the same as the teg at £120 ish for mintex M1144's

Grov

Banned
They sound nice. Only one's id consider are the P1 and 22B, as they look far better than the others. :green:

danny100

Advanced Member
...running cost is all depend on how often,how hard, how tuned it has done to it...
My teg cost me nothing but annual service/MOT because i only use it on dry/weekend only+No trackday with under 2000 mile a year as 2nd car. when i work, i ve got my jazz.when i hit the track i ve a Formula E(also known as 250 superkart). put it this way, if i had use the teg only on all, running cost would have be high... BTW my friend got a RB320 as 2nd motor, the running cost is OK...

Regards danny :)

mugen-r

feel for you fella...i sold my fully mugen kitted dc2 last saturday and miss it loads... :xcry: ,thought i would be ok but its like you said until its gone you dont realise how much you loved it.
i will never get another one like it again too..was a really strong car and got 226 on the dyno .
i fancy a 5 next as i wanted one before i got the dc2 but they were 18k then lol. the dc2 was the compramise but turned out to be anything but that. hey ho tis done now just need to wait a year then i can be in a teg again \:D/

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Nice looking Scooby.

Gotta admit this is a switch I have been considering. Gonna have to get something newer at some point and would really like 4WD if not then FWD. Never driven an STI but tried a WRX and an Evo.

I only get about 28-30mpg in the teg (if I worked it out correct) so the scooby doesn't sound too bad.

I was toying with a 330d but RWD puts me off and also then I would have to admit I'm getting old. Plus it has a crap boot.

Grov

Banned
You'd be lucky to average 25mpg in any STI driving it properly and thats a standard one.