The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

G Man

Advanced Member
Let me know where you are at on the track. We're right on Eau Rouge, I think it's classed as gold 2.

dotty

Advanced Member
Let me know where you are at on the track. We're right on Eau Rouge, I think it's classed as gold 2.

We are too mate.

See you there ;)

dotty

Advanced Member
Gman are you heading home after F1 or to the Ring as it is a mere 1hr 30 mins away :)

G Man

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Gman are you heading home after F1 or to the Ring as it is a mere 1hr 30 mins away :)
We have discussed it....the current plan is to just go home - I don't think our VW Golf hire car would be much fun on the Ring.

Are you heading over?

ChesterJSY

Someone told me summer was on it's way so wanted to get some sticky tyres! Went for some Toyo 888's in the end as have used and liked them before. Got a bit carried away and ordered some matt black Team Dynamics pro race 1.2's to put them on as well :)

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Front lower lip off this morning, ready to get prepped for a respray. So many stonechips and scratches it was starting to drive me nuts, it really let the front end down.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
newyorkaddict said:
Front lower lip off this morning, ready to get prepped for a respray. So many stonechips and scratches it was starting to drive me nuts, it really let the front end down.
How's the lip looking buddy. Fitting go ok ??

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member

How's the lip looking buddy. Fitting go ok ??

Gonna fit it while I've got the lower lip off mate. Once it is cleaned up and resprayed, I'll fit the rubber stripping as it will be easier. I'll get some pics as soon as it is finished bud ;)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
Received my number plate flip thingy and fitted it.
Very cool pal, need you to explain something... Have you cut the centre pole thingy?? Can't work out what you've done from the pic.... Bloody love that though!

Brophy

Advanced Member
Received my number plate flip thingy and fitted it.

Absolutely loving that mate, was looking in to one for myself :) where did you source yours from ? (Pm if want) did you have to remove alot behind ?

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Thats the best numberplate holder i have seen yet. Also confused with that spike that looks to be sticking into the middle of the plate??

This is what i got / did.

BEFORE

AFTER

tico_87

Advanced Member
Woppy said:
Very cool pal, need you to explain something... Have you cut the centre pole thingy?? Can't work out what you've done from the pic.... Bloody love that though!
Yes, ive cut about 1/4 of the centre plastic thing along with the sections that the OEM plate holder screw onto. If you look just above the number plate you can make out where those parts were.

Brophy said:
Absolutely loving that mate, was looking in to one for myself :) where did you source yours from ? (Pm if want) did you have to remove alot behind ?
I bought it from BoltsBolts a trader on Civiclife but just google BoltsBolts and im sure their website will come up, both very good guys. Answer to 2nd question is above ^^

Chelt_scene said:
I also hope it's a motor one not Manuel?
Unfortunately not dude :xno: reason being is that the motorised one is longer (due to motor) so it sat about 5mm away from the radiator. Removed it as i didn't want to risk some knob reversing into my car and doing damage. No worries though, i'll just fit it to my dads 300zx...if it fits lol

TyperItr said:
Thats the best numberplate holder i have seen yet. Also confused with that spike that looks to be sticking into the middle of the plate??
Its part of the bumper but iv had to cut a bit off to fit the plate flipper thingy lol

Dan34

Advanced Member
Today I flushed through the brake system with some new brake fluid ready for thursday's track day!