The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

JDC5

Charged DC5
Been a busy week and the following days to come..

Converting the car back to standard.. sold all my engine mods will miss 320bhp!

Also fixed my steering rack rod as it cracked off due to my accident.

still got more to do!

JDC5

Charged DC5
Hi buddy!! It's been a while since we last spoke! How's your teg charger doin?

I will miss it a lot! However once it's fix I will sell it and get something more better on mpg the hp!!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
decluttered the garage... amazingly spent hours throwing away crap just to get to this point..

still got some more work before the teg sleeps in there :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
decluttered the garage... amazingly spent hours throwing away crap just to get to this point..

still got some more work before the teg sleeps in there :)

So envious you have all that garage space! Car would have been in there on day 1 of moving in for me for sure! ;)

pudski

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
Hi buddy!! It's been a while since we last spoke! How's your teg charger doin?

I will miss it a lot! However once it's fix I will sell it and get something more better on mpg the hp!!
Its sure has been a while since we spoke, my teg is doing fine. Not using it as much as i should be. Only done 3000mls in the last 3 years!
So with you wanting more mpg i take it your going to be doing more miles?

JDC5

Charged DC5
pudski said:
Its sure has been a while since we spoke, my teg is doing fine. Not using it as much as i should be. Only done 3000mls in the last 3 years!
So with you wanting more mpg i take it your going to be doing more miles?
Yes indeed ! wow 3000mls is nothing! I'm not doing more miles I just fancy a change.. was thinking either audi TT diesel or 335d

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Bled my brakes and clutch.

OMG Bleeding that clutch sucked. I bled it for a while and then had zero pressure in my clutch and thought I'd messed up the master cylinder. Figured it was an air lock so I pumped it like mad for a while and it eventually blew through. phewwwww got worried there for a sec.

This was all part of trying to figure out the hard shifts on the wrong side of 8k, its a little better. Going to switch out the MTF3 in the box next week and replace with Amsoil Synchromesh to see if that works

Bonito

Advanced Member
Isn't that just a 5w30? I thought those types of oil are not recommended for boxes with LSD's?

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
Isn't that just a 5w30? I thought those types of oil are not recommended for boxes with LSD's?
Recommended by opies oils. And says on the bottle direct replacement for honda MTF. The box had it in before and my shifts were lovely, since putting in the MTF ive had trouble

blueguy

Resident J's whore
No problem Mike. Although very comfy, it's not the easiest to get in and out of which is something to consider. Being able to remove my steering wheel helps a lot and with it not being a daily driver I don't really have any qualms at all.

Marpol

Advanced Member
Changed my power steering fluid this weekend!

Nice easy little job and the steering now feels a lot smoother, the old stuff was a horrible brown colour so well worth doing.

DC5RS

DC5
Marpol said:
Changed my power steering fluid this weekend!

Nice easy little job and the steering now feels a lot smoother, the old stuff was a horrible brown colour so well worth doing.
Hey marpol may i ask a link for the fluid? thanks