The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Finally got the front end off mine to sort my lights etc. managed to put a coat of Hammerite over all the front end parts that needed it. Found my front slam bar needs replacing due to a dent in it. I'll be looking for one ASAP.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Well today i got this fitted ultraracing rear arb with hardrace droplinks!!

And finally got to put the teg in the garage!!

Gee74

I removed the K & N typhoon induction from the car today and fitted the oem intake after I had carried out the hondata mod............so much more mid range torque its unreal........and I don't really miss the noise much!
The 5 came with the typhoon fitted so never got to drive it before with the stock intake, wish I didn't wait so long before I changed them around.

DC5RS

DC5
Gee74 said:
I removed the K & N typhoon induction from the car today and fitted the oem intake after I had carried out the hondata mod............so much more mid range torque its unreal........and I don't really miss the noise much!
The 5 came with the typhoon fitted so never got to drive it before with the stock intake, wish I didn't wait so long before I changed them around.
how about low and high rpm mate?

Gee74

Rev response seems no different to be honest. The only thing catching me out is no extra sound during vtec engagement, keep revving to the limiter without realising!

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
Gordyitrdc5 said:
Well today i got this fitted ultraracing rear arb with hardrace droplinks!!

And finally got to put the teg in the garage!!
Wow you reg is nearly identical to mine 👍

Mark_teg

Staff member
I took all the wheels off, cleaned them and gave them a couple of layers of wax :)

And yes, they are 'genuine' rotas ;)

JDC5

Charged DC5
After doing all the repairs myself on my DC5 after a crash I replaced the broken steering rod. Also the car has been fully converted back to standard engine after selling all my engine mods. I finally get to drive the car after 4 months off the road, the car does rev up and down and will not idle I guess I suspected it as this has happen before, but with out able to drive it fully on the road until I get it tested by VOSA and tax and insure its harder to drive it for a longer time. Also engine light is on for a faulty 02 sensor! I had the Kpro before and I was able to switch it off, now I got the standard ECU I can't so a new sensor will need to be purchased, Can't bring myself round to spending £180 on it from Honda.

Also did my brembo's in WHITE (not everyone choice as I will get dirty very quick but it works well with RED wheels)

Gave the car a good clean! *HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FOR CLEANING THE RECARO'S - mine was so stained and black that this spray worked so well with it, very impressed indeed, its not 100% gone! but atleast 95%! if you need something to clean get this! I used this to clean the roof too! http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/interior-cleaning/fabric-hard-surface-cleaners/fab-interior-upholstery-cleaner.html

Before

After

Cleaned

Matt white all cleaned!

1st clip

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid482.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Frr185%2FM12JD%2FIMG_1339.mp4">

2nd clip (the rattle noise was from the brakes and its all sorted now)
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid482.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Frr185%2FM12JD%2FIMG_1341.mp4">

davidpingu

Advanced Member
The interior looks loads better, good work. The brembo's look good in white too I think. Not a fan of all the black wrap and tinted lights though.

JDC5

Charged DC5
davidpingu said:
The interior looks loads better, good work. The brembo's look good in white too I think. Not a fan of all the black wrap and tinted lights though.
Thanks mate.. The tinted lights will be going.. but the carbon black wrap is staying cost more to remove and replace

PalfyR

Advanced Member
Dragged the teg again today at York raceway and improved on my previous runs😊 my best run of the day was a 13.94 but like last time had heaps of wheel spin off the line so could of been quicker!!

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Ive fitted DS2500 brake pads, changed out my tie rods and ends, sway bar bushings. Installed my energy susoention control arm bushings and hard race end links.

The I decided to throw on the RPF1 wheels :)

Much better

dave c

400hp K20
TARA J said:
Ive fitted DS2500 brake pads, changed out my tie rods and ends, sway bar bushings. Installed my energy susoention control arm bushings and hard race end links.

The I decided to throw on the RPF1 wheels :)

Much better
pics..... :)

Bonito

Advanced Member
Think I asked you before, you're getting N+ dampers? Are your adjusters under the bonnet or have you inverted dampers where the adjusters are underneath? If the latter, make sure you regularly give them a spray of WD40 and a couple twists back and forward so they don't seize and snap.

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
Think I asked you before, you're getting N+ dampers? Are your adjusters under the bonnet or have you inverted dampers where the adjusters are underneath? If the latter, make sure you regularly give them a spray of WD40 and a couple twists back and forward so they don't seize and snap.
Thanks,
Honestly, I dont know. Ive bought them second hand off a friend in Japan and am just waiting for them to arrive