The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Bonito

Advanced Member
Changed a wheel bearing. My god the peace!

Wet/Dry vacced my mats and seats. Gave the carpets and rear seats a good hoover. Polished the interior trims and plastics. Sprayed some concentrate air fresheners under the mats on to the carpets. Car smells like a watermelon now. Took a 200km motorway journey and the car is destroyed in bug remains. De-tar tomorrow. Gonna try a claybar aswell. Haven't clayed the car since I bought it near 2 years ago!

Erm

Advanced Member
Hopefully a nice weekend in store for us this weekend so I can give it a full detail before winter sets in. Wanna give it a full machine polish and a couple of coats of sealant.

Erm

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
Spent the weekend with friends :)

I'm pretty sure I know where that is lol

I'm over next year march/april time. Need a meet like this when I'm there please :xgrin:

DC5RS

DC5
Erm said:
I'm pretty sure I know where that is lol

I'm over next year march/april time. Need a meet like this when I'm there please :xgrin:
Sure will do ! let me know !

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Popped into Mimms for a bit with dotty, then drove home and put on my new cover for my wing. For those of you with big wings (and no garage) you're know this is a god send as huge amounts of water collects and sits in the corners when the car is left sitting, thus breaking down the laquer over time.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Popped into Mimms for a bit with dotty, then drove home and put on my new cover for my wing. For those of you with big wings (and no garage) you're know this is a god send as huge amounts of water collects and sits in the corners when the car is left sitting, thus breaking down the laquer over time.
][/URL]

Dotty went to Mimms?!

dave7368

Advanced Member
i was going to mimms, but washed the car, put it in the garage and went to Japan instead!!

nice wing condom though J ;)

Marpol

Advanced Member
Gave the car an oil change and replaced the drive belt which I suspected was causing the loud squealing noise every morning.

Bought one of the Gates ones off eBay for £18, easy enough to change and no more squealing! :xgrin:

Pawzo

Replaced the gaskets around my rear lights to prevent the pond in my boot returning . Also replaced the head unit as the one it came with was Japanese market only.

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Had to fit a new front subframe this weekend : /

Dropped the car into TDi to have a few bits done including resealing the sump as the seal has been leaking for a while. When they cleaned up the subframe to remove it, they found the frame has been cut and re-welded (very poorly)

It's now starting to crack, especially on the top where who ever did the work couldn't get to and now theres a wacking great big hole in the top of subframe.

We've come to conclusion that someone (possibly in Japan, as i'm the first uk owner) has cut the subframe to remove the sump, as the cut gives you just enough room to remove the sump.

Cut and welded side (Drivers side)

Good side

Jack