The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

coolerking

Advanced Member
Had the car serviced and mot'd! Said they have never seen such a clean car underneath, changed oil, filter, coolant, gearbox and fuel filter.

Straight back in the garage :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
dave c said:
From this...

To this...
Looks great Dave. Quite tempted by something similar as that vent stays closed mostly all the time in mine. Any links to the product you went for?

dave c

400hp K20
davidpingu said:
Looks great Dave. Quite tempted by something similar as that vent stays closed mostly all the time in mine. Any links to the product you went for?
I bought the Defi's second hand mate, I got 2 x gauges (boost & oil pressure) + the control box and then all the sensors and wires for about £250 iirc

Dead easy to do tho ;)

Main reason I wanted it off the dash was as I run an hks lower seat rail anything on the dash obscures my view of the corner clipping points.

dotty

Advanced Member
Nothing this weekend as I'm getting a tan in Abu Dhabi.

Here's one I took earlier :)

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Engine bay was due for a change...and yes I was getting attacked by leafs all day today!

Old Engine bay

New Engine bay

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Nice update Johno, Js is a really nice intake, the best looking one anyway, top notch part there, Nice rocker cover also. How does the intake sound / feel compared to the aem or is it an injen you had? I have done nothing to my car this weekend, only been on the road twice in the last 8 weeks

Benneh

Advanced Member
Very interesting looking rocker cover there! Done it yourself or sourced elsewhere?

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Very interesting looking rocker cover there! Done it yourself or sourced elsewhere?

Porthos' old one iirc?

Looks minted in the flesh nice neo chrome bling looks good with the Js buddy ;)

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
TyperItr said:
Nice update Johno, Js is a really nice intake, the best looking one anyway, top notch part there, Nice rocker cover also. How does the intake sound / feel compared to the aem or is it an injen you had? I have done nothing to my car this weekend, only been on the road twice in the last 8 weeks
Yeah it is one of my favourite looking intakes for the DC5's. The rocker cover credit goes to Porthos as he inputted all the detail on there, I am just carrying on parts of his engine bay legacy haha.

The power and noise feels much better than the AEM CAI I had, which was a pain to remove! that took me longer than anything else lol.

Teegwa said:
Porthos' old one iirc?

Looks minted in the flesh nice neo chrome bling looks good with the Js buddy ;)
Yeah Porthos old one one :D about time I start some changes on my car haha.

bennn

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
You've got the same alarm as me. Shame the fobs look so awful

Chris_M

Advanced Member
My DC5 is going in to the dealers for its service and MOT on Tuesday, and is also getting new discs and pads. On Wednesday, it's going back into the body shop to get the rear bumper sorted as the fit and finish was dreadful and in all honesty, it was a sub-standard repair.

This is how bad it is...... http://youtu.be/jxPv2pKue48

It was keyed last month on the drivers rear wheel arch, (needs resprayed along with a new decal), so I've obtained a price along with taking the two dents out of the drivers door and dealing with a stonechip was has started to rust on the drivers wing. Also whilst it's in, I'm getting the alloys re-furbished. Cost will be £1,200 and with a service bill of around £800, so it's a cool £2k being spent in the next few weeks. :)

And here is the key-damage.......scumbags tbh.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
Is 1200 not very pricey for fixing up 2 dents, a stone chip and a scratch?
Extremely I would say. It does depend on what needs doing but 2k for all that? Seems a bit much.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I was thinking that, My mate got his S2000 fully resprayed including a hard top, also a Rear bumper crack repaired for 1200 euro here in Ireland. I was just thinking the prices may be different in the UK but it cant be that much of a difference?

dave7368

Advanced Member
sounds about right, the wheel refurb on its own will be 2~300 depending on how bad they are..