The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

storment

Very nearly blew my clutch up as well today. Just about managed to limp to the Garage. Just found out that unsurprisingly the flywheel is also roasted. With a broken Teg in pieces on top of a lift at the local garage, a new flywheel was urgently required. Local Honda dealer wanted over £500 for one. After I stopped laughing a call to Tegiwa saved the day with pre 10am delivery on a very very late order. Big thanks to them and another reminder that only bad things happen when I call the local Honda Dealer.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Must be that time again clutches and flywheels going left right and centre right now.

Think I'll leave mine on the drive for now lol

storment

In all fairness to my Teg. It may have been an expensive week but it's been a very happy marriage so far. I'm coming up to 8 years ownership and 150k miles on the clock. Excluding the normal service outlay and new tires, the only thing that's ever gone wrong was my lambda sensors (Which Honda dealer couldn't diagnose after 3 visits with the engine warning light on-Thus my dig at them above).
Many times in those 8 years I've cleaned, hoovered and taken the pictures ready to sell up and move on, but as soon as I start looking I can't find anything for the same sort of money that will make me as happy as driving one of these.

dave c

400hp K20
The wrong one for my setup clearly... Competition clutch stage 4 "sprung". Should have had a paddle in all along but they kept putting the same one back in and unsurprisingly same issue over and over.

Downgrading the diff to a wavetrac and trying again :( gutted cos I love my current diff

Rob.

Advanced Member
dave c said:
The wrong one for my setup clearly... Competition clutch stage 4 "sprung". Should have had a paddle in all along but they kept putting the same one back in and unsurprisingly same issue over and over.
Downgrading the diff to a wavetrac and trying again :( gutted cos I love my current diff
I'd sooner change clutch than diff mate, not that impressed with with wavetrac diffs even in a 250bhp NA EP3 !

truupR

Advanced Member
washed it!!!! Water started to freeze as I was drying it and I couldn't get to correcting the swirls with the old DA but hey, came out alright!

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Bought and picked it up last night! :D

Congrats! OT but are you on ocuk?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Benneh

Advanced Member
Yeah name's bJN on overclockers.

I'll try and some pics tonight if the light allows! Last night was spent enjoying it and nothing else! :D

BenSayers

Advanced Member
Ahh a fellow ocuker! I'm benjisayers on there more of a lurker but always on the motors section! Look forward to the pics!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Cleaned my injectors using Brockstar's guide, noticeable difference in spray pattern, no pics though sorry :(

Then went to clean the TB and IACV using Jimmer's guide, in the end it was really quite easy. The TB was pretty grubby but not as bad as some I've seen. Unfortunately couldn't get the sensor off the IACV, so couldn't clean that properly, mole grips didn't help so will just have to order the torx plus bit and attack it another day :(. Still the TB came out pretty good in the end.

Before...

After...

All put back together with a thermal gasket from Tegiwa :)

Then onto the rear brakes to change the discs and pads, luckily managed to borrow an impact driver from a work mate incase the screws were an issue. Bit of WD40 and a few hits with the impact driver and they were off :)

Before... (excuse the filthy wheel)

Happy days!

Went for a quick test drive and all is working well, no hunting issues with the TB and brakes working well :)