The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Treated my car to some new tyres last weekend, went for 225/45/17 Re070, once fitted i realised my car was way to low, so this weekend i have had a full Eibach Pro spring setup inc camber arms & bolts fitted (thanks to Jono @ Re-Spirit for supplying). I also fitted a Mugen style spoiler, however im not too sure if i like it so may be for sale soon along with my rear bumper.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
What?? Youve just had it done man! :p looks great though Tom. Wait till the summer and enjoy it to make you're mind up :)

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Haha yeah i know, ive got something else in my garge for the rear bumper so this one will have to go :( i do love it tho!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Car looks great bud, never noticed your front wings before, pretty neat.

Think your rear bumper splitter would look good on my car :p

Mullyace

Advanced Member
Cleaned out my gutters.

Before...

After...

I thought the two dark lines what you can see were where the paint had worn away, but it turns out they are just dirt, I tried some T-cut and Meguiars paint cleaner as this is all I had but it done absolutely nothing, I managed to get a tiny bit off by scratching at it.

If anyone has managed to clean it up id love to know what you used.

Cheers

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Oh my god that was so filthy, the difference is shocking!

I was just about to say too, try a clay bar :)

Mullyace

Advanced Member
G Man said:
Clay bar took it off for me.
Didn't even think about a clay bar, ill give it a go tomorrow. Cheers :xhappy:

maxvr6 said:
Oh my god that was so filthy, the difference is shocking!

I was just about to say too, try a clay bar :)
Thought they would be a bit dirty but didn't think they would be anywhere near as bad as that. Bet there's quite a few about like that.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Gave the teg a wash and test fitted the new A Spec Style FRP Front Lip.

I prefer the current INGs Style FRP Front Lip...it covers a lot of the dirt and bits behind it.. :xhaha:

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
Car looks great bud, never noticed your front wings before, pretty neat.

Think your rear bumper splitter would look good on my car :p
would look even better on mine lol

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Mullyace said:
Cleaned out my gutters.

Before...

After...

I thought the two dark lines what you can see were where the paint had worn away, but it turns out they are just dirt, I tried some T-cut and Meguiars paint cleaner as this is all I had but it done absolutely nothing, I managed to get a tiny bit off by scratching at it.

If anyone has managed to clean it up id love to know what you used.

Cheers
As said, clay bar should do it. If not then tar and glue remover should do it. Leave it to soak like you would on the rest of the car. The rubber strips look like they have rubbed against the paintwork. Hopefully it hasn't rubbed the paint away.

Bonito

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
As said, clay bar should do it. If not then tar and glue remover should do it. Leave it to soak like you would on the rest of the car. The rubber strips look like they have rubbed against the paintwork. Hopefully it hasn't rubbed the paint away.
Try a degreaser or APC first.

I've used Chemical Guys Grime Reaper and a detailing brush. Let the grime reaper lie concentrated for about 15 mins on the area then agitate it with the detailing brush. Then clay bar.

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
In for a service this morning. First time i'd had it up in the air so was a bit worried if there was anything lurking but no nasty suprises it was spot on. One of the blokes in there said that he's never seen one so tidy underneath which was good.

Sorted out my rattly driveshaft heatshield aswell. Bush had worn out so cut it out and replaced it with 2 rubber washers either side of the bracket. Happy days :)