The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

plugg

Advanced Member
Well in the past 2 weekend mines has had a Skunk2 Megapower R cat back fitted then used vtec a lot lol then yesterday decided to get a power run done at my local rolling road which my dc5 produced 217.4 bhp and 158 torque at the fly

Next up if fitting my Spoon 2-1 decat and Spoon ecu then get it rolling roaded again just to see if theres any difference

scottj15

Advanced Member
Gave mine a good clean and then went and had some fun in the sun... and made it all dirty again :lol:

Good to see a few other EP3s and FN2s about enjoying the better weather, summers on its way folks :xgrin:

Erm

Advanced Member
At work today but that didn't stop me having a bit of fun........

Started with a foam bath

Then dried using the wet microfibre towel + hybrid v7 trick and coated with butter wet wax

low res instagram pics but you get the idea, another 2 hours and I get to blast home!

Mullyace

Advanced Member
Just spent two hours getting these 3 14mm nuts off...

It took 3 13mm sockets, a blow torch a hammer and some wd40!!!

So happy now I can get my spoon b pipe on, it's only been sitting in the garage for 6 months 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave7368

Advanced Member
tackled my shabby seats today, both seats had different bad bits, so the plan was to get hold of a third seat and make two good ones from three.
photos....

crappy seat..

stripped down..

new bits..

put back together..

end result, two still wet but clean good condition seats.. and 3 holes in my hand from staples!

interior cleaned..

seats back in..

job done and all this left over for the bin men on Tuesday hehe..

a happy dave, but if you have friends, go to the pub with them for lunch and let someone else refurb your seats... :xyes:

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Replaced my aem cold air cone filter, I know you can clean them, but tbh after a good inspection it's seen better days.

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Alexander0628 said:
Replaced my aem cold air cone filter, I know you can clean them, but tbh after a good inspection it's seen better days.

Where did you get the replacement filter from if you dont mind me asking? Mine looks like it could do with being replaced aswell

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Funkypower.com. Best to give them a ring. Didn't have it in stock had to wait a week for them to order it in. Think it was £45 plus postage.

DC5RS

DC5
Alexander0628 said:
Funkypower.com. Best to give them a ring. Didn't have it in stock had to wait a week for them to order it in. Think it was £45 plus postage.
not bad, got mine from the states probably 80euros

plugg

Advanced Member
Fitted my Spoon ecu, Spoon socks, Sickspeed battery tie and some LED bulbs to interior light, side lights and reg plate light

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Today I decided to fix up my carbon bonnet which I've been meaning to do for quite some time, and as you can see lacquer wasn't looking its best :xaiweb6:

So started by washing and clay barring, then out came the wet and dry paper, then a rinse and dry to leave me with this, prepare yourselves!

After the sanding was complete I used a dab of Scratch-X and some Ultimate Compound with my DA and a Sonus cutting pad, halfway there...

First pass complete :)

Then a second pass using a Sonus fine swirl pad and more Ultimate compound, getting some real clarity now :)

And finally a good coat of Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax for some real depth and shine :)

Very happy with the results and I'm one step closer to looking good for Japfest 8)