The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
LewisK20 said:
I love that K-tuned dip stick mate, going to have to get myself one of those.
blueguy said:
There's always one who points something out :lol:

Nice touch Jono, looks very nice.
Thanks Justin, the teg will be completely different from the last time you saw it in the flesh since last year haha :p

Fahadl786 said:
I need that dip stick
davidpingu said:
Me too! Group buy please Jono :xgrin:
Group Buy will be arranged soon, I'm just sorting out a few other bits :)

To add to this weekend photos.

tico_87

Advanced Member
My long weekend consisted off visiting my make Kadir on Thursday and giving the car a wash and wax

Today i gave it a wipe down and then got new front rubber fitted

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Havnt done anything to my teg yet, fingers crossed il have a fiddle tomorow, but so far iv fallen for ckhs white mugen teg, what a beauty.

Always good to meet anouther car enthusiast.

scottj15

Advanced Member
Nothing to the DC5 this weekend but I did pop into halfords to have a LOOK at their 3 for 2 offer. Think I may have got a little carried away...

mike.williams

Advanced Member
thought i would remove the inner bleed nipples on my brembo calipers to clean them up. i dont think they have ever been undone in 12 years.

that led to this

just my luck

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member

Gave her a good wash...3 times to be exact and put a quick blob of wax on her. Wish I could do more but time and money are against all car lovers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

davidpingu

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
thought i would remove the inner bleed nipples on my brembo calipers to clean them up. i dont think they have ever been undone in 12 years.

that led to this

just my luck
Oh crap! The thread in the caliper hasn't rounded has it?

plugg

Advanced Member
I fitted some new pollen filters as my dc5 never had any and fitted some Honda jazz washer jets

Parry

Advanced Member
I thought I'd treat the dc5 today with cleaning up the headlights as they were starting to look abit sorry for themselves so here's a few pics of before and after.
Before:

After:

davidpingu

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
dont know about rounded, looks to me like the thread has gone..
My bad, rounded was the wrong word to use. Stripped I meant. Hoping to get my Brembos refurbed shortly so I hope I don't get that problem!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Well I should really have washed mine today but I was being lazy. I know, I should be ashamed of myself. :oops:

But before you all disown me I did do a couple little jobs, just cleaning the little bits I normally don't get to do when I'm washing the rest of the car.

So I washed the boot shut and gave it a decent layer of wax.

Spent about 25 minutes trying to clean up my ignition barrel. It was filthy! Hopefully it looks like I've done something with it after the elbow grease I had to put in!

And I gave the tail pipe the same treatment:

Excuse the crappy phone pictures

mike.williams

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
dont know about rounded, looks to me like the thread has gone..
davidpingu said:
Oh crap! The thread in the caliper hasn't rounded has it?
i managed to get a couple of turns on the nipple before it seized, bought the caliper to work this morning eventually got it out but its brought half the thread out with it. cant be seen on the picture but ill need to order an m10x1.0mm tap and try and re-thread/clean it up. got my fingers crossed but i know how these things go. got new nipples on order

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Had a visit from Alex today and with his help, I had this fitted.

I'll let him post up what we fitted to his :)

Always a photo opportunity!