The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Only yesterday I was talking to Adam about doing mine too hahaha :) Not gold/bronze, but another colour other than red. ;)

Looks great Dave, may pop over when your having it machined xthumbup

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Only yesterday I was talking to Adam about doing mine too hahaha :) Not gold/bronze, but another colour other than red. ;)

Looks great Dave, may pop over when your having it machined xthumbup
Christ I'm going to have four Tegs in my drive! Anyone else want to come??!

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
So last weekend and this weekend.

These were swapped out.

To these

Poly's were installed to the front lower control arm

These old lower control arms were replaced.

With some Hardrace Lower Control Arms

Hardrace Rear Camber Arms were also installed

New Ride Height were also setup now with the BC Racing Coilovers.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Love the work RESpirit, bet it feels like a totally different car now.

With the front SuperPro bushes, think the cone bushes are upside down.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
Love the work RESpirit, bet it feels like a totally different car now.

With the front SuperPro bushes, think the cone bushes are upside down.
was just about to mention that,

wingnutzz your good at spotting that mistake arent you mate ;) (i done it too jono)

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
was just about to mention that,

wingnutzz your good at spotting that mistake arent you mate ;) (i done it too jono)
Think I did the same thing too, learn from your mistakes.

The paperwork with mine definitely has then the other way around and I'm sure I linked to it somewhere on here too. Can't find it on my phone though

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Hmm shame we threw away the fitting instructions after we installed it, as we double checked it with Jame's thread as well as the ones on paper which matched.

Just looking at the rsx one - they also have it like this with the flat being on the outside.

ben04

Would have fixed my headlights if my new HID kit had arrived GRR :xaiweb4:

blasted the peeling strut brace and repainted, then re-fitted with some nice shiny stainless nuts and bolts courtesy of work :)

scottj15

Advanced Member
Been out enjoying the sun with my brother and his CTR.

Seems theres plenty of other people out doing the same. This took off at a rate of knots, the sound was out of this world!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Have something to add to this now.

This week i fitting new rear discs and pads on my DC5, first time i have gotten dirty with my own car. Was very satisfied when it all worked :)

Only took me the best part of 4 hours haha but it was a good learning experience.

Anyone got any tips for the front discs? and pads?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Nice one mate, soooo satisfying the first time you do it isn't it? Once you've done it a few times you can change the disc and pads on one side in under half an hour easy

Assuming you have an impact driver handy incase the retaining screws are seized, changing the front discs is no harder than the rears. You will need to remove the two bolts on the rear of the caliper holing them onto the bracket with a 14mm socket/spanner IIRC. Then pull the caliper out of the way and take the screws off the discs, they might not be too stubborn in which case you might get away with just a screw driver but I would give the screws a little squirt of WD40 and leave for a bit then attack it with the biggest ratchet and screw driver bit you have, this will help by adding leverage while you push into it.

Changing the pads is easy too, you just need to hammer the pins out from the front with something of a suitable size, then while pushing the end of the retaining clip in, use a pair of pliers and pull the pin out the rest of the way. Then do the other pin and pull the retaining clip out, the pads should just slide out. As for the pushing the pistons back in I assume you have a tool, I just use my hands lol.

Of course all the while the brake fluid cap should be loose and don forget to copper grease on the back of the pads. While you have everything apart try to brush out the dirt and spray with some brake cleaner.

No real tips mate, its quite straight forward :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Mirror what max says mate. Front pads are a breeze to change. I followed the "how to" in the diy section. Made more sense with pictures. Haha

JDC5

Charged DC5
Haven't posted in a while.. Well my whole car has transformed since I last posted pics but for the weekend I refurbished my brembo's

Also refurbished the scuttle panels and they was looking like they could go in the bin but I resprayed them satin black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Nice calipers, good to see something different again, those scuttles look amazing now 👍

Eclipsed4ever

Today I commenced modification of my newly acquired DC5. I have now incorporated the rear foglight into the right hand brake light instead of the dangly wires under the bumper :) Much tidier job.

I'm also on the lookout for an EP3 fog light switch/plug + cable to swap out the poop universal one.

JDC5

Charged DC5
Nice calipers, good to see something different again, those scuttles look amazing now 👍

Thanks mate!!!

The white brembo's are a risky move but my car is a totally different colour now and the white works best with the unique colour I've resprayed my car too