The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Calipers look spot on, il have a go at that, did you use high temperature lacquer? Also where can you get the 'Brembo' stencil to paint the logo on as in the guide? Cheers

darkhawk

Advanced Member
Went to a private race day called race wars

Down and back around a cone on an airfield for charity

Let the missus have a go in the teg .... She hasn't got a license and hasn't driven the teg before

Her racing my dad's dc2

Heather in the Teg: http://youtu.be/BdXM65F7_70

After a few goes she was beating clip 182s haha

Heather driving the DC5:

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Any reason why you changed the calipers seals Jono?
Not really, just a thought that they could be a bit worn after 90k+ of miles, never a harm to replace with new seals :)

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Fahadl786 said:
How does she handle and ride? Looking into the same ones ;)
Haven't had chance to drive it properly yet, but i can say from the short distance i did they're a better ride than my spoon progressive springs :)

Rick_1138

Advanced Member
Hit a deer carcass, luckily no damage bar bumper popped out on the edge, everything else seems fine, guy in the other lane who had hazards on but was still pitch dark I assumed had hit it hard.

Van in front of me obscured the thing until I was right on it, thankfully I was braking and was expecting something.

New pants though!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Swapped the J's induction over for the OEM Hondata induction. Got bored of it.
Really? I am surprised.

oh wait....your having it re lacquered aren't you :xhaha:

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
Today teg passed his MOT without a single advisory :) :) :)
Am a very proud mummy to say he's a 13 year old import with getting close to 100K on the clock he's a credit to the previous owners and myself too hehehe

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
emmsyDC5xx said:
Today teg passed his MOT without a single advisory :) :) :)
Am a very proud mummy to say he's a 13 year old import with getting close to 100K on the clock he's a credit to the previous owners and myself too hehehe
Always good when you know that a teg passes it's m.o.t first time even if it's 13 years old.

MaxJ

Advanced Member
I'll start by saying 'hi'... I'm new to the forum after buying an Integra DC5 R in December.

It's a pre-facelift Arctic Blue 'C' pack with black interior. I bought the car with a few modifications already done, including Ohlins coilovers, a 5Zigen catback exhaust system and Enkei NTO3+m's. All the modifications were done in Japan by the looks of the leaflets and manuals that came with them; none of which I can read. It's got all the Jap history with it and is fully serviced over here until 2011, so it's been well looked after.

Since owning the car I've had it professionally undersealed, and it's booked in for a service at TDI North next month.

Anyway, as this is the weekend thread, I thought I'd share what I spent a bit of my Bank Holiday doing.

1. Got rid of standard wiper blades and installed flat replacements

2. Put a new Type R badge on the back of the car as it had been previously removed. Car is filthy in these pics!

3. Installed a new JVC DVD head unit. The previous owner had put a single din unit in and had lost the original cage, so thanks to Teegwa on here for sorting me out with a new one. I'm really happy with the results, although unable to use the disc drives as the unit can't open due to lack of room for the fascia to lift up and out. However, there's a USB connection in the glove box, so this is irrelevant. For the surround I used the Acura RSX fitting kit from eBay.

4. Refurbished headlights. This is something that needed doing as they were very cloudy. I used wet and dry, starting at 1000 and going through to 2500. I also had some left over lubricant spray from an old Turtle Way restoration kit, so I used that instead of water. Finally, I used Meguiars Ultimate Compound to buff them up. They're not perfect, but much better than they were:

Before:

After:

5. Then after all that I gave it a wash and polish:

The next steps are:

- Service at TDI North next month
- Wheel refurb and some decent tyres
- Bumpers and sideskirts to be resprayed as they have stone chips and a couple of small marks on them
- Drivers window regulator
- More poooooooower (will involve going back to TDI North)

To top the weekend off I was driving up to Manchester when a '63 plate S-Line A5 pulled up along side me at some traffic lights. No, I didn't 'smoke'him haha... He wound his window (I had to open to open the door!) just to say "nice car". Kind of makes it all worth while!

Anyway thanks for looking,
Max.