The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Benneh

Advanced Member
No pictures, but stripped out the interior from front seats backwards and cleaned everything up. Booked in for exhaust work early next as well as a body shop to get some things ironed out! :)

opulent

Advanced Member
May no be the week end but wheel refurb and brambo refurb done and body work coated in auto finesse desire. She's coming along nicely

Centre caps will go on soon just waiting for badge stickers to arrive

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
Joe92 said:
May no be the week end but wheel refurb and brambo refurb done and body work coated in auto finesse desire. She's coming along nicely

calipers look great! Hoping to get all mine done soon professionally. What colour red did you go for? They look brighter than mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

opulent

Advanced Member
SmithyDC5 said:
calipers look great! Hoping to get all mine done soon professionally. What colour red odd you go for? They look brighter than mine

I gone VHT red calliper paint, used stickers from eBay and then VHT clear. They are a bright red not sure how close to the stock colour as mine was in bad shape, all pink

Really easy to do. Used a razor blade scape off all peeling paint, then gone over with 120 grit sand paper followed by 600 wet n dry to make sure it all smooth. Cleaned with panel wipe and followed can how how it said to apply coats, 2 light and 1 medium wet. Really impressed with the results

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
Joe92 said:
I gone VHT red calliper paint, used stickers from eBay and then VHT clear. They are a bright red not sure how close to the stock colour as mine was in bad shape, all pink

Really easy to do. Used a razor blade scape off all peeling paint, then gone over with 120 grit sand paper followed by 600 wet n dry to make sure it all smooth. Cleaned with panel wipe and followed can how how it said to apply coats, 2 light and 1 medium wet. Really impressed with the results
They look spot on! Think I will have a crack at mine myself then.

opulent

Advanced Member
SmithyDC5 said:
They look spot on! Think I will have a crack at mine myself then.

I would mates really easy! Taken the pads out to make things abit easier and polish the pins and everything, made masking up easier as well. Before applying paint make sure no surface is shiny.

Once the red is on give the paint 20 minutes to slightly dry apply the brambo sticker then apply the clear.

Only problems I found was applying the brambo sticker is a one shot deal though because you'll damage the paint below trying to take it off being it's still really soft.

When applying the clear it started to go milky. I shat myself thinking something was wrong but my dad does busy work professionally and said it's because to cold. Used a heat gun and it sorted that problem. Made all the milkness go away. Used a heat gun in the middle of each layer to keep the surface temp up. Dried a bright red :)

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
Joe92 said:
I would mates really easy! Taken the pads out to make things abit easier and polish the pins and everything, made masking up easier as well. Before applying paint make sure no surface is shiny.

Once the red is on give the paint 20 minutes to slightly dry apply the brambo sticker then apply the clear.

Only problems I found was applying the brambo sticker is a one shot deal though because you'll damage the paint below trying to take it off being it's still really soft.

When applying the clear it started to go milky. I shat myself thinking something was wrong but my dad does busy work professionally and said it's because to cold. Used a heat gun and it sorted that problem. Made all the milkness go away. Used a heat gun in the middle of each layer to keep the surface temp up. Dried a bright red :)
how comes you didn't let the red harden before applying the decal? The clear coat was that also a high temperature spray? Or did you buy a kit with both cans in?

DC5RS

DC5
Joe92 said:

Looks ace well done! what color are the wheels painted? look very similar to mine

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
Finally changed my squeaky fan belt and swapped the rear discs and pads for new ones after this happend

Seems as if the pad had delaminated from the metal whilst driving on some bad quality roads. To make things worse I had to drive 60 miles home with it in that state.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
Back end done

Gok what's the name of the white underseal you use? I have had a look online but there's a few options. Thanks