The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Ramz007

Advanced Member
Looking at all the lovely examples in this thread makes me more eager for the upcoming weekends lol

This weekend was spent claying and attacking the bodywork with a DA.

David_showerks

Advanced Member
Havnt so much as done anything this weekend being i am away with work still but i have just bought myself a new Kakimoto Regu 06&R exhaust from Japan literaly this moment. Hopefully not take to long to come as i paid for international priority shipping aswell.

HURRRRRY UP!!

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Today, sorted out the rear camber issues I was having, now all equal at 2.25 degrees, and also fitted my front camber bolts and set them up at 1.5 degrees. 3mm toe out on either side, handles like it's glued to the road. Gave it a quick spruce up for tomorrow's Brizzul meet and then drove it back from my friends HARD!! Gotta test that FRSU lol

Rob.

Advanced Member
newyorkaddict said:
Today, sorted out the rear camber issues I was having, now all equal at 2.25 degrees, and also fitted my front camber bolts and set them up at 1.5 degrees. 3mm toe out on either side, handles like it's glued to the road. Gave it a quick spruce up for tomorrow's Brizzul meet and then drove it back from my friends HARD!! Gotta test that FRSU lol
So you have 6mm toe out ???

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Yes 3mm each side. It's aggressive but works a treat. It means your inside wheel is already turning into the corner you're going into. Tbh you can't even see it has toe out but you can notice it when you're pushing hard.

Rob.

Advanced Member
newyorkaddict said:
Yes 3mm each side. It's aggressive but works a treat. It means your inside wheel is already turning into the corner you're going into. Tbh you can't even see it has toe out but you can notice it when you're pushing hard.
Have you drove it in heavy rain like that as the rear will try an spin out basically with 6mm out, I had 2mm total toe out at Snetterton in the rain an nearly spun in a dead straight line !!

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Yes I drove it in the rain this morning and it felt no different to the dry. If I don't like it, I'll change it back, it's hardly the worst job in the world to do now is it?

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
I done a bit if work, mainly just a few touch ups. Flatted my freshly painted calipers down as I layed on too much laquer turning the decals cream coloured. Also painted the disc hubs, fitted new main beam bulbs went back over the lenses and cleaned up the rear exhaust box :)

Before

After

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David_showerks

Advanced Member
Only got home from Germany last night so up first thing thismorning. Car out of the garage and bathed.

Will spend the day tinkering and cleaning. Possibly service as well... I got lots of parcels
when I was away so loads stuff sitting here now.

Going to set up a build thread later aswell 👍

El_Boomo

Advanced Member
Friday counts as the weekend right? Drove my newborn son home from the hospital in it, the sounds of the Spoon N1 had him sleeping like, well, a baby