The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Bought some Shell Helix Ultra from Opie Oils and an OEM filter and OEM replacement air filter from Cox Motors, arrived yesterday.

Going into the garage next Tuesday for a mini service.

Will the new air filter improve throttle response at all?

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Done a mini service oil, oil filter, pollen filter and plugs ready for the dyno run tomorow :)

I am slightly annoyed tho as I was assuming there was pollen filters in there, but opened it up and empty, car was imported in 2008 I gess neither of the two previous owners borthed lol. As they say Neva assume but hey ho modded the cases and new ones fitted :).

ForgedV

Advanced Member
Got mine mapped by Romain, Surrey rolling road dyno. Really surprised and happy with the results as we were expecting between 220-230 bhp:

JDM K20a 75k
Gruppe M
Tegiwa Header
Fujitsubo rm01a
kpro

beppe786

Beppe
ForgedV said:
Got mine mapped by Romain, Surrey rolling road dyno. Really surprised and happy with the results as we were expecting between 220-230 bhp:

JDM K20a 75k
Gruppe M
Tegiwa Header
Fujitsubo rm01a
kpro

that toda copy header has good flow with Rm01a exhaust.. same setup as i run.. good result

Bonito

Advanced Member
ForgedV said:

JDM K20a 75k
Gruppe M
Tegiwa Header
Fujitsubo rm01a
kpro

vPower or 95?

Bonito

Advanced Member
SimonJames said:
95??? Does anyone use that in a dc5 ??

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
It's all we get in Ireland unfortunately. E85 went long ago and E5 is even gone. Rubbish, poor quality fuels is all you get over here. I was running octane booster in mine.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm telling you guys, these cars run better on 95 or 97 octane fuel I've been saying it all along ha ha!

Mine flies on the Asda 97 RON stuff.

Great power figures there too, really impressive you must be well happy with that.

beppe786

Beppe
Crazylegs said:
I'm telling you guys, these cars run better on 95 or 97 octane fuel I've been saying it all along ha ha!

Mine flies on the Asda 97 RON stuff.

Great power figures there too, really impressive you must be well happy with that.
sure you haven't got a ep3 engine in your teg.. that would love asda 95/97 ron.. lol

ckh

Advanced Member
ForgedV said:

JDM K20a 75k
Gruppe M
Tegiwa Header
Fujitsubo rm01a
kpro

247 without RBC? good result either way

ForgedV

Advanced Member
ckh said:
247 without RBC? good result either way
Yes, 247 on standard inlet manifold and standard throttle body. Romain and I were as shocked as you are. On the power run with standard ecu and bolt on mods it made 222bhp, then with the kpro on and mapped 247. Thank you.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Makes you wonder if it's had any internal work done in it's previous life? As said by everyone else, very good figures. Makes you wonder if you fitted maybe an RRC with bigger TB and put it on the TDI rollers whether we'd have a forum record for those kind of bolt on mods!

ForgedV

Advanced Member
That was mine and romaine's theory, there are no obvious signs of internal work though, and the car only had a gruppe m and mugen twinloop when I purchased it. Seems a bit strange for it to have any internal mods with very little done.

The car has always been on the forum and was imported through torque gt, serviced by tgm and was told by the previous owner that Tom complimented how clean the internals looked when doing valve clearances. I put that down to having regular oil changes and just well looked after?

Rrc and throttle body may be on the cards some point in the future.

ste01

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Makes you wonder if it's had any internal work done in it's previous life? As said by everyone else, very good figures. Makes you wonder if you fitted maybe an RRC with bigger TB and put it on the TDI rollers whether we'd have a forum record for those kind of bolt on mods!
Doubt TDI's rollers would help push the numbers up, Surrey RR seem to be pretty comparable in terms of output (measured BHP) for the given mods.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
That's a really good figure. Didn't realise Romain did mapping at Surrey RR as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

integraleo

Advanced Member
One thing I Learnt from romain the other day about inlet manifolds is if you have the rest of the bolt ons (induction exhaust and exhaust manifold and a tune) and you have say an rbc fitted with around 240bhp,changing the rbc to an rrc or skunk 2 won't gain you any power as there is no longer any restrictions in the breathing system. If you ONLY had an intake manifold then yes the rrc will slightly outperform the rbc but not if the rest of the mods are done. Basically he said once these engines have all the bolt ons with a good flowing exhaust the real full potential of the engine is revealed,that number being around 240bhp give or take a few.