The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

beppe786

Beppe
ste01 said:
Doubt TDI's rollers would help push the numbers up, Surrey RR seem to be pretty comparable in terms of output (measured BHP) for the given mods.
so tdi and surrey rolling road have similar inflated figures ?

ste01

Advanced Member
I couldn't say if they are inflated or not, I was just saying they appear comparable. Seen a few now where similar spec cars are making similar figures at TDI and other places. Like ForgedV car/results, when you compare to Jasondc55 who has the same type of mods...intake, header and exhaust and he also made 247bhp, but on TDI's "over reading" rollers.

beppe786

Beppe
you all should get a wheel hp figure then it will be more accurate as when they work out losses up to 25% cocks up final BHP figure..

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I was disappointed with my results from tdi's dyno. Certainly didnt over read for my map tweak. 242hp and 165ft/lb with an RRC fitted. Similar figures and power delivery compared to when i had my PRC on there. However feels quicker in real life though.

To keep thread on topic,

Im about to do the final clearance checks and trim my rear bumper tab before my alignment tomorrow

beppe786

Beppe
^^^ above is about 19% percent calculated to 247Bhp

some dynos work out transmission losses some have a fixed value..

say this was on 25% worked out then final figure would be 258Bhp

again on an 15% would be 238bhp

All dynos read at the wheels.. so best get that figure..

another way of over inflating figures is doing a pull in a lower gear will give higher results :xtsk:

ForgedV

Advanced Member
Romain's response in regards to the dyno set up & gearing...

Then to just clear up speculations wether or not it is possible to make that power with them modifactions.

and just a quick photo of it on the dyno to keep this thread on track

dave7368

Advanced Member
Beppe said:
so tdi and surrey rolling road have similar inflated figures ?
A while ago before my FL went stupid it was mapped at eurospec to 237, then a few months later made 248 at srr without any changes to the car...

beppe786

Beppe
dave7368 said:
A while ago before my FL went stupid it was mapped at eurospec to 237, then a few months later made 248 without any changes to the car...
weather.. lol

this heat my car is slower..

who ever dynos it these few days will lose 10hp

dave7368

Advanced Member
Beppe said:
weather.. lol

this heat my car is slower..

who ever dynos it these few days will lose 10hp
maybe but the difference was between eurospec and srr, i can live with it losing 10 hp now though.. ;)

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Recieved a Few nice parcels during the week, first off was a special order Personal Black Suede / Blue stich wheel

Next up I received this item this morning. FEELs half titanium catback exhaust :D

Im hoping to get the exhaust fitted in the next couple of weeks ready for Japfest2 but the wheel wont be fitted untill I receive my Hub and Snap off Boss.

beppe786

Beppe
davidpingu said:
Seeing as gearing makes a difference I wonder how much a different final drive varies things....
your right i never though of that..

dave7368 said:
maybe but the difference was between eurospec and srr, i can live with it losing 10 hp now though.. ;)
oh thought it same dyno.. then SRR seems give higher results

Mark_teg

Staff member
davidpingu said:
Seeing as gearing makes a difference I wonder how much a different final drive varies things....
Good question... But if we all quoted our figures at the wheels it would be more accurate anyway 👍

Very nice exhaust Tom :)

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Nice pipe birdy, that will sound incredible..

Had my alignment done at grinspeed today really happy with it.

When i started the car this morning the fuel gauge slowly dropped and stayed on low despite being near full. Got back from grinspeed trying to find the problem..

Ended up fishing these out of the fuel tank. One of them was preventing the level float rising, little porcelain like balls. Its mental to think someone has put them in there. Fuel gauge is working fine now