The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

JDC5

Charged DC5
So it has come to this... Cleaned the car last night and this morning this happen!!

I'm still in a state of shock, I am alive that's the main thing and the woman driver behind me was to blame, she didn't see me!! I was stationary as there was traffic so my guess is you was on the damn phone!!!

The car has been taken away.. My guess it's a write off and I'm afraid this time I won't bring it back to life...

Cleaned

And now this!!!!!

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Thanks for the comments. Exhaust sounds really nice, I thought it was going to be really loud but its not too bad actually.

Chris: needs a new o2 sensor because they knocked it when fitting the exhaust and now the eml is on.

Rom

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
So it has come to this... Cleaned the car last night and this morning this happen!!

I'm still in a state of shock, I am alive that's the main thing and the woman driver behind me was to blame, she didn't see me!! I was stationary as there was traffic so my guess is you was on the damn phone!!!

And now this!!!!!
Man I feel for you. Had my 205 written off, it was immaculate.
Buy it back and strip it for parts. Probably be about 600-700 I'd guess.

Oh... And dibs!

Rom

Advanced Member
-Birdy- said:
Damn thats clean under there, looks great :)

How did you get the exhaust to fit in the end?
Went to infinity, they made a new pipe for me, from flange to mid box. Kept buddyclub boxes and rear pipe.

They not sorting you a sensor mate? It primary or secondary?

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Ah cool, atleast you got it sorted in the end.

No ive got to buy one, they fitted the exhaust cheap anyways and it wasnt entitely there fault because the old exhaust was being a pain to come off.
Its the Primary sensor I believe.

Rom

Advanced Member
There was some threads on clubrsx, saying they had found sensors with same denso part numbers for about half the price.
Worth a look.

JDC5

Charged DC5
The insurance company has offered the car back for £1200 I'm not too sure nw.. Lol

davidpingu

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
The insurance company has offered the car back for £1200 I'm not too sure nw.. Lol
Mate for that price you'd be stark raving mad not to buy it back! Strip it for parts, buy another and make a tidy little profit out of it!

Very sorry sight to see, but every cloud.... :)

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
I'd have it back at that for sure! Engine and box alone will make that...

Sorry to see its happened though mate, must be gutting.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I've just been trying to tidy up the engine bay a little with the help of two people I'd like to thank.

Watkins DW has done the spraying. Sourced the Nighthawk Black paint and charged mates rates - Thank you bud, very pleased with it all.

Brockstar has been putting some stainless steel engine bay dress up kits together so I've made a start with fitting some of these whilst refitting my freshly painted bits. A few pics to showcase their efforts but will put more in my build thread over the next few days :)

Freshly sprayed bits picked up today:

Some before and after shots:

WatkinsDW

Looks great mate. Glad you like them and always happy to help :).

Can't wait to see the manifold on now aswell 👍