The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

DaRKNT

Clutch and flywheel swap to an OEM FD2R unit.
Reinstalled camber tops as caster/camber plate.
Decatted
Cleaned O2 Sensor
Spaced Gaurds
Installed Powerflex camber bolts
Lowered it
Stripped interior

I've had a busy weekend!

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
I've just been trying to tidy up the engine bay a little with the help of two people I'd like to thank.

Watkins DW has done the spraying. Sourced the Nighthawk Black paint and charged mates rates - Thank you bud, very pleased with it all.

Brockstar has been putting some stainless steel engine bay dress up kits together so I've made a start with fitting some of these whilst refitting my freshly painted bits. A few pics to showcase their efforts but will put more in my build thread over the next few days :)

Freshly sprayed bits picked up today:

Some before and after shots:

Looking good. I like the idea of getting all the grubby bits off and tidied up :D

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Rom said:

Fitted my braces and done my geo!
I don't mean to burst your bubble Chris but I went into Broadmead multi storey carpark (Bristol) and on every level the B-Pipe scraped. Can't imagine what it will do to that nice white brace you have. 😁

ChesterJSY

Went on an awesome track day weekend to France on the Maison Blanche and Bugatti circuits at Le Mans. Some serious bits of kit there including this beauty... :)

JDC5

Charged DC5
Dan Evans said:
I'd have it back at that for sure! Engine and box alone will make that...

Sorry to see its happened though mate, must be gutting.
The car has 100359 miles on it.. Don't think I can get close to £1000 for it!

I still got like tien coilovers, engine mounts, carbon bonnet and fresh rims.. Hmmm so I mite consider.. But after that that's the good thing.. I problly make.. £800 profit but that's min plus it's not instant cash lol

Rom

Advanced Member
Mate, you have to buy it back. You will sell almost everything.

Trims, clips, panels. The engines arent easy to get, so still worth money regardless.

Ill buy it back if you dont want too!

tico_87

Advanced Member
JDC5 said:
The car has 100359 miles on it.. Don't think I can get close to £1000 for it!

I still got like tien coilovers, engine mounts, carbon bonnet and fresh rims.. Hmmm so I mite consider.. But after that that's the good thing.. I problly make.. £800 profit but that's min plus it's not instant cash lol
Ep3 engine and gearboxes go for about 1.2k depending on mileage. You will definitely get more than 1k for the engine alone.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
ChesterJSY said:
Went on an awesome track day weekend to France on the Maison Blanche and Bugatti circuits at Le Mans. Some serious bits of kit there including this beauty... :)

I saw one of these in Bristol today. Exactly the same colour scheme too. Looked emmense.

Rom

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I don't mean to burst your bubble Chris but I went into Broadmead multi storey carpark (Bristol) and on every level the B-Pipe scraped. Can't imagine what it will do to that nice white brace you have. 😁
Thanks for the heads up! Galleries is now a no go haha.

But, I've got to say, I won't be too upset. Well maybe initially, but then I'll remember the up side. I can get the powder coated red ;)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Thanks for the heads up! Galleries is now a no go haha.

But, I've got to say, I won't be too upset. Well maybe initially, but then I'll remember the up side. I can get the powder coated red ;)
It does it in Cabot Circus too! Lol it's nice having a low car but the roads don't like it. 😡

Rich3248

Advanced Member
So went to B&Q and halfords today. Bought a pressure spray gun for the garden hose with connector and stopper, a chamois drying cloth, sheepskin mitt for washing and a waterless wash kit with microfibres cloth for touch ups. Also used polishing compound for the headlights and rear lights. Altogether it cost me about €42. I then rushed home and eagerly assembled everything. Was like a kid on Christmas morning! Anyway I set out to work and in the end I was pretty happy with the results

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
TypeRich said:
So went to B&Q and halfords today. Bought a pressure spray gun for the garden hose with connector and stopper, a chamois drying cloth, sheepskin mitt for washing and a waterless wash kit with microfibres cloth for touch ups. Also used polishing compound for the headlights and rear lights. Altogether it cost me about €42. I then rushed home and eagerly assembled everything. Was like a kid on Christmas morning! Anyway I set out to work and in the end I was pretty happy with the results

stunning Teg mate