The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
Looking good Tom! Liking the cage. So will you be doing some track sessions this year?
Thanks, looking to start using it on track next year, still got the suspension and brakes to upgrade and then it should be ready.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Tom i think cusco/safety 21 manufactured the cages for mugen. I could be wrong though.

It looks awesome though. Wish id have bought it off Si now. 😫

Lukemitchell

Not done much to the teg this weekend.. Orderd some parts thow.
Tegiwa uprated drive shafts,
New brake pads also from tegiwa.
New headlights as im now driving on the wrong side of the road all the time..
And a parcel shelf courtesy of forum member rob r. Cheers!!
Hooefully get to fit some of it next weekend.

S

stwteg

Technically not all done this weekend but I have made a few changes in recent weeks:)

1. The removal of the Halfords DIY rocker cover- this has annoyed me from day one- what was he thinking?! So out with the hideous purple and in with the shiny red complete with new hardware and J's oil cap:)

2. I also replaced the steering wheel. The old one had seen better days. I went with the perforated leather sides, smooth end and carbon top along with blue stitching. Feels, looks and smells great.

3. I changed the awful jvc double din I had in favour of the Pioneer Appradio 4 (I don't have a decent pic of this as I dont have the rsx surround for it yet- so it still looks a little rough)

4. And last but definitely by no means least- I finally got my hands on some Volks Ce28's in bronze. Ive been after these wheels for quite a while. Also got some black rays nuts, centre caps and new decals to really set the wheels off. The pic below is from the day they were fitted minus the nuts and caps- as they hadn't arrived from Japan by then. They are all now on it now but the weather has been so poor of late I've not had a chance to really give her a scrub and take some decent pics.

I've more planned but this is it for now.

S

stwteg

TyperItr said:
Nice upates stwteg. What style centre caps did you get?
Cheers I went for these in the low type-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotty

Advanced Member
They will go back to that state, only thing to cure it is to get new lights :)

Although I heard of some numpty saying that any Teg with new front lights "must have" had a front ender.. some people hey!

tico_87

Advanced Member
Mine were much worse than those. Left the car with the bodyshop and they sanded them then polished etc...over a year later and my headlights still look like new ones.

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
I did buy some uv inhibitor and water repellent stuff as well.... Coated it a few times and will try to keep on top of it and see.... Mortgage might be on horizon so new lights weren't an option

Mullyace

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Although I heard of some numpty saying that any Teg with new front lights "must have" had a front ender.. some people hey!
Ha ha, that made me laugh.

I bought new headlights after a failed attempt at trying to restore mine. Anyone toying with the idea I can assure you that you won't regret it.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Old clutch and flywheel out today, and a brand new clutch and second hand flywheel in! My flywheel was actually in good condition but still had it changed just to be on the safe side.

Gear changes are so much smoother however I have noticed a slight vibration through the pedal when in reverse. Would this be perfectly normal as it's just been changed and is bedding in?

I'm not overly concerned as it's engaging all gears fine and is very light and smooth.

Engine mounts all look ok too which is good. Just need to see if the scrunching/grinding noise has gone now, if so then it was the clutch after all.

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Fitted the full set of d2s.
Raised it up.
Removed the UK Spec rear Fog.

Must do wheel bearing and give it a wash and polish this weekend.

Linus27

Advanced Member
A friend of mine made me a Honda inspired owl named J'burg after her home town of Johannesburg. He sits perfectly in the cup holder and will accompany me on all my track days :)