The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I had a quick detail of the engine bay today as its absolutely disgusting and was killing me inside lol

Rocker cover is ordered but wont be started till 10th july with spooner so excuse the state of the original.

Use gunk engine degreasent and also auto glym engine cleaner. Came out alright but didnt have time to start doing the plastics and hoses etc so ill do that tomorrow perhaps

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Once you get a new rocker cover painted up, make loads of difference, Get some of that autosol and give all the metal bits a good clean up.

As it just so happens

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Fitted my freshly painted js teal rocker cover from spooner restorations.

Makes loads of difference also tidyed up a few bits and gave her a good clean, ready for Tunerfest tomorrow.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:
See all the oxidised looking stuff like alternator etc? Can i just use autosol on that?
Yeah buddy have a look at mine won't come out like shiny or anything but will clean it up, if you can get hold of some scotch wool that help clean up all the metal bits too.

Fez

Advanced Member
Did a quick alignment as its been driving awful.
Hoovered it then Started to polish it but started to rain so stopped after the rear bumper lol. Then went for a drive.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
Getting ready for underseal, be glad when it's done

Looks very clean under there already. You seem to have axle stands rear and front on ramps and blocks? After doing the same my self for under sealing but stands make me nervous. Just me being a tart? Any tips. Thanks.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, to be fair there was about 2 or 3 places where I could see little bit of really light rust. Was tempted to leave it and just do arches but after a few years over here I didn't want to risk it long term. The rear arches had already got some kind of sealant on there other than the oem crinkle effect surface.
I must admit I wasn't keen on the axle stands but the ramps, blocks and bit of carpet lol is solid. This is about the fourth week in the air now but I don't advise underseal with spray cans to anyone unless using a ramp. Had a few streaks originally because of the lack of movement which was anoying after the prep. Either way it's all done and I'm pretty happy, will have to swap exhaust she's looking a bit tired

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Early start to the weekend. Rear hubs painted over the past few days and bushes going in, for some reason one of the centre metal sleeves is under sized so the bolt won't pass through. Slowing me down but will have to drill it to be larger :-(

Zaypher

Lol mine is sitting at my friend's garage for rear rotor and pads replacement. Also due for battery replacement. Will fit aftermarket steering too

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

ollydc5

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:
looks epic ollydc5 very good work!
Thanks a lot mate means a lot :) have managed a bit more today and have started on the brakes. Like a dummy I've forgot to put the brake shims on. No big deal right now though

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Fuck that looks clean Olly. I love the attention to detail. Great work.
Makes me feel ashamed of mine now lol

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Mike.A said:
fornicate that looks clean Olly. I love the attention to detail. Great work.
Makes me feel ashamed of mine now lol
Many thanks for the kind words, compliments have made all the hard work worth it.

Dont feel to ashamed this car took me a good while to find and came straight from Japan from a fella in Tokyo who kept it in a garage for over 12 years. Most of the parts I've removed have had little or superficial wear on them. If anything I've ruined a great oem car, F*** it though I'm loving it lol

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Not the weekend but I thought I'd share
Few little bits left but car is ready for geometry on Friday. Pretty happy with the result

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
My birthday this week, and thanks to a few carefully placed items in my EBay watching list, the wife made this possible....

Redness. Everywhere.

Full hose kit.
Spanking New OEM Rocker.
EBay version of mugen oil cap.
Red dipstick (ooh er)
Battery tie.
Red intake hose.

Tegiwa Short shifter too.

Much much cleaner. Ordered some resevoir socks today. Just needs a proper clean now!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Happy birthday for this week
Just reminded me I have the tegiwa short shifter to go on and sat in my room for over a year lol