The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Happy birthday for this week
Just reminded me I have the tegiwa short shifter to go on and sat in my room for over a year lol
Well worth it. Took me 45 mins start to finish mate. Throw feels much more positive even though oem was great to start with.

In finding cold 2nd gear much easier to get in now too.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
Nice one
I have the k tuned spring and ball pivot too stashed away needing to fit

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Just spent the last 7 or 8 hours replacing the steering rack slider, what a pain of a job that was!
Had to take the exhaust manifold off in the end for access and various other bits.

The old one measured 25.2mm wide, the new 25.55mm. The service limit is 25.3mm so hopefully there will be some improvement.
I immediately noticed no movement in the bracket anyway when trying to move it up and down.

George92

Picked it up from Torque GT yesterday and drove it home the nearly 500 mile journey home, then cleaned it today.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Took my carpet out to check where my suspected leak was coming from. Couldn't find the leak but drained about a litre and a half from the carpet insulation foam. Inside of the car feels less damn this morning.

Jvzr

Advanced Member
Keeping it blue man.
The other paint had a nasty reaction to a shit detar so got it bought back to bare metal and re done so that it won't ever rear it's ugly head again

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Today I started fitting my portmatched Skunk2 intake manifold, self made throttle body spacer with extra vacuum ports, Skunk2 74mm throttle body and Skunk2 fuel rail. Together with some new Bosch injectors.

And the K-tuned fuel pressure regulator together with fuel return lines.

And last but not least a fuel surge tank, just to be sure :D

ChesterJSY

Took the Teg for its annual outing from Jersey to Le Mans for a track day on the Bugatti and Maison Blanche circuits. Amazing tracks such a great feeling driving up the pit straight and going under the famous Dunlop bridge. Really cracking couple of days on track with some great cars and a good social as well.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Bad news on what was going to happen

Prepping the car for my first time on track today.

Jacked the car up, checking over the tyres/ brakes. Drop the car back down slowly of course and CRACK.

Front drivers spring snapped....gutted to say the least.

Not the end of the world and car is on a time out till I figure what to do.....

Meister Rs maybe lol.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
Today I started fitting my portmatched Skunk2 intake manifold, self made throttle body spacer with extra vacuum ports, Skunk2 74mm throttle body and Skunk2 fuel rail. Together with some new Bosch injectors.

And the K-tuned fuel pressure regulator together with fuel return lines.

And last but not least a fuel surge tank, just to be sure :D
That's awesome. My mates just done a full fuel cell and swirl pot on his TT.

What sort of power you going for with this set up?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Not sure yet, was building turbo but got a good deal on a rotrex. So Rotrex it is for now. But it never hurts to update the fuel system. Also have a full blown dual hanger ready to install

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Another weekend and lots of work done

Installed intake, just need to make a bracket and heat shield

Intercooler piping and oil catch can

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Just a few little jobs done for me.

Cleaned engine bay a bit
Rear boot lid dampers changed as it came with a new set
Left and right rear type R stickers changed
Started work on the headlights