The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
OEM front & rear discs/pads, refurbed wheels, new OEM wheel nuts and RE070's all round today, just wondering what I can do next 😜

Front LCA bushes are starting to look perished so will probably replace them with hardrace items in the summer.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
OEM front & rear discs/pads, refurbed wheels, new OEM wheel nuts and RE070's all round today, just wondering what I can do next 😜

Front LCA bushes are starting to look perished so will probably replace them with hardrace items in the summer.
How much did you pay for the oem rear discs and pads and where did you get them from? Cheers

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
How much did you pay for the oem rear discs and pads and where did you get them from? Cheers
About £100 for the rear discs from Cox and £18 for EP3 Brembo rear pads from Euro car parts, think the rear pads would have been £45ish from Cox....

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
About £100 for the rear discs from Cox and £18 for EP3 Brembo rear pads from Euro car parts, think the rear pads would have been £45ish from Cox....
Strange that the rear pads are the same as ep3 but discs aren't isn't it lol. Ok brilliant cheers for that mate

Mark_teg

Staff member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Strange that the rear pads are the same as ep3 but discs aren't isn't it lol. Ok brilliant cheers for that mate
Same rear caliper is used throughout the range (pretty much). Hub offsets differ, hence different discs ;)

Johngreen537

Advanced Member

Total repair cost (to make it functional until parts arrive,)
£14.

Plastic welded the light clips and both hold well now, stitched up the split and replaced every clip on the bumper, arch liner and undertray.

Bumper eylet hole to wing has snapped, so it's not got full strength. If it doesn't hold I'll make a new one of sorts and plastic weld that on too to give it more support. Only till June till new parts arrive, so won't do any more now. Lights still functional, need to check alignment but no other short term issues now the brackets are repaired.

Touch up paint looks bollocks close up, but from over 1m away, it's enough to not draw my eyes to the scratches.

Road test tomorrow. Can't fecking wait!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Bit of a much needed polish and wax this morning. Scrubbed up well again.

Feeling much more like mine again now.

sh3lldon

Johngreen537 said:
Bit of a much needed polish and wax this morning. Scrubbed up well again.

Feeling much more like mine again now.

haha health and safety would love the electric heater in the puddle!!

looks good i need to get a sticky plate for front, you got link for where this came from mate?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Two weeks ago

1 week ago

Yesterday

Can't fornicateing believe it.

Rear quarter, inner rear wing, bumper, splitter, and the camber has hit about -25°.

Again, I was stood still at lights in traffic on roundabout exit, Audi a6 wasnt paying attention and moved my car into the next lane.

Totally gutted.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Two weeks ago

1 week ago

Yesterday

Can't fornicateing believe it.

Rear quarter, inner rear wing, bumper, splitter, and the camber has hit about -25°.

Again, I was stood still at lights in traffic on roundabout exit, Audi a6 wasnt paying attention and moved my car into the next lane.

Totally gutted.

Honestly gutted for you mate! Know exactly how you feel man. Really hope insurance isn't too much of a pain for you!

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
When it rains it pours.

I'm sure you have already done so, but get witnesses if you can. These days people just lie and say it was your fault (unless you have video evidence) which then goes down the 50/50 Road.

Hope it all gets sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Got the guy on video admitting fault and he's coughed to his insurance company already, so all good there.

I also called police as the guy was struggling to speak English and couldn't remember his insurer, so best be safe than sorry, they got the details much faster on the scene! All good it turned out, but felt like I was about to be stung for a second!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Got the guy on video admitting fault and he's coughed to his insurance company already, so all good there.

I also called police as the guy was struggling to speak English and couldn't remember his insurer, so best be safe than sorry, they got the details much faster on the scene! All good it turned out, but felt like I was about to be stung for a second!

Mate that's some bad lucky right there, just as things were coming back together :-(

Are you getting insurance to repair it this time ?