The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Doubt they will to be honest mate.
Inner wing bent right in so it fouls the tyre, bumper hangers and mount points snapped, light and boot look screen wiff, so no sure about the inner rear damage, camber so far gone theres suspension or camber arms damage and the obvious rippling up through the rear quarter to the passenger door.

I'll break it now I think.

Got a brand new front end on order too typically, so will offer those at cost here first before trying to make profit on eBay.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Darren4

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Inner wing bent right in so it fouls the tyre, bumper hangers and mount points snapped, light and boot look screen wiff, so no sure about the inner rear damage, camber so far gone theres suspension or camber arms damage and the obvious rippling up through the rear quarter to the passenger door.

Got a brand new front end on order too typically, so will offer those at cost here first before trying to make profit on eBay.

Sorry for the loss mate :(, your luck can't get any worse tbh.

What's the plan after the teg's broken?

carl hammond

Advanced Member

:-( not good mate - such a shame after all that hard work also. Can you not cancel the order or too late?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
The dealer stated that because they are special order items they can't be cancelled. I've already paid up front too, £2052.

All relatively useful parts, so sure someone here will make use of them all, pricey but genuine and will be ready to go so may save someone a 6 month wait.

On here I'd do cost prices to the community, bit would need to make more back on eBay to cover fees and all that.

Just gutting really, it's only plastic and metal though, easy enough to replace.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
If you get a new one, it may be worth keeping the new front and refreshing the one your going to have rather than sell it on :) makes more sense as you have paid for it.

If you decide to go a different colour though thats not going to work :/

Gutted for you though bud. Not much luck of late.

spooke

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Another one mate. I feel at home in the TEG despite all their compromise.

I can't believe what's happened... gutted for you. Happy to see you're gonna get another though! Onwards and upwards from here dude :D

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Yeah, got my looking eyes on and really fancy one in particular, but just need to wait and confirm i'm right about damage really.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Sympathies. It's the time it takes up doing all the chasing and messing about. Not to mention the inconvenience or losing something you have put a lot of time into.

Usually works out financially beneficial. But what an anus. Hope your luck takes a turn.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Yeah, very gutting really. Just have to start again is all.

I'll be breaking as soon as I get confirmation what the insurance company wants to do.

Gonna kill me to dismantle it, but, will need to claw back some money.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Yeah, very gutting really. Just have to start again is all.

I'll be breaking as soon as I get confirmation what the insurance company wants to do.

Gonna kill me to dismantle it, but, will need to claw back some money.

Geeze, gutted for you!
Hope it all works out smoothly and you'll be back in one soon

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Anyone who doesn't press the courtesy car option on the insurance quote, the £23 extra or whatever, is paying dividends now.

Slightly better than a fiesta :)

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Anyone who doesn't press the courtesy car option on the insurance quote, the £23 extra or whatever, is paying dividends now.

Slightly better than a fiesta :)

Is that what they consider as a like for like car?