There appears to be lots of tegs for sale (private)

dotty

Advanced Member
Has anyone else noticed this?

I stick my car on the market then about 4-5 follow suit :lol:

I dont think the car is as 'exclusive' as it once was, They are certainly alot easier to get hold of. This time last year I dont think there was one for sale and when one did come up it was more or less sold.

I have a viewer for mine on sunday and I get daft P/X requests daily.

"swop u ur integra 4 mi renult 172 & £2k m8"

Yeah right pal! :lol:

Do you think DC5s will lose value next year now that the FD2 is out :?:

Any thoughts welcomed.

Evs

Advanced Member
Well it's not a limited run car so it was always going to happen tbh

FD2s are new so there's still a relatively big gap between the top end of the DC5 market (£14-15k or so) and the bottom of the FD2 one (£19k), I can't see that changing dramatically in a year.

Not everyone would necessarily prefer a FD2 either - jury still out on the looks, the size & layout won't suit everyone, etc. Yes the reports have been really good but I still can't see it killing the DC5 market straight away.

I doubt you'll notice any sudden big drops, just a gradual slide downwards as with everything else... :|

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I think you're too worried about how others perceive the car mate.

If you like it then keep it and be happy with it. I personally don't give a toss about the value of mine, all I know is that nothing for the same amount of money can give me more then what my Teg can offer so why change?

I'll be thinking about that when I upgrade to something I could afford and what I would consider upgrading too (more then likely RWD).

Chief

Advanced Member
There does seem to be loads on the market at the moment, when I bought mine this time last year there were barely any private cars for sale.
You always get people offering your daft deals when you sell a car, you should know that Stu. :wink: people take a look at the lowest prices on pistonheads and instantly think thats the going rate when half of the cars that appear on there are sheds.

dotty

Advanced Member
I am not worried about how others see the car Chris, It's just a general observation I have made, A quick look on piston heads shows that there are lots of DC5s to choose from. This certainly was not the case this time last year. I think the UK figures for DC5 ownership must have increased by at least 30-50% in the last 12 months.

Ridiculous offers FTL :evil:

liktup

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Well it's not a limited run car so it was always going to happen tbh

I doubt you'll notice any sudden big drops, just a gradual slide downwards as with everything else... :|
I agree.

A couple of years back a decent low mile Dc2 was anything up to £11k...they have nearly halved in that time...its inevitable the Dc5 will follow suit sadly.....

Saying that all cars depreciate with the exception of a very few limited run models, its just one of those things.

morgan

Advanced Member
Cars at this level will lose ~£200/month. Thats what I am allowing for. Actually, the DC5 seems to be beating that at the mo.

Bought mine at £13K. If its worth £7K in 3 years I'll be happy... Looks like it should.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Your right Stuey, I think mine was one of the only availible privately last year & look @ the difference in money between then & now.

Like Evs said, I think they will come down in value but only as & when the FD2 becomes more common place. I think it'll be 18mths & there will be a few hundred FD2s floating about.

As I said in the other thread, it's easy to spot a good one from a ratbag owned effort though. The clues stand out a mile imo.
A couple of people have come unstuck using pants suppliers & this shows in their ownership experience & adverts when they try to move the car on.

keevster

Advanced Member
I personally dont think they will depreciate any where near as quick as any other hot hatch on the road, the DC5 will hold its value well for a while to come i think.
Yeh, you can pick them up cheap, but i'd put money on it, that the cheap ones are sheds :lol:
Everyone in there granny is jumping onto the band wagon now with the importing lark, as they all know there is cash to be made at it.
This i see as a bad thing for any jap import car. Not necessarily is this going to effect the DC5 at present, but i think it will effect future models of honda and the FD2 as the FD2 will be the new kid on the block and the one to have. This in turn may keep DC5 imports down a bit, as most importers will supply to demand, which by the looks of things(and its early days) is the FD2 and its still pricey, just give it a year, they will flood the Uk, you watch :wink:

Paul :wink:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Theres far too many about now

not looking forward to the long wait to sell my 2nd one though!

G4Z

A couple of years back a decent low mile Dc2 was anything up to £11k....they have nearly halved in that time
Not a couple of years ago mate. More like 5 years ago :wink: I paid £8500 for a perfect 1998 model with 40k 3 years ago. The same condition cars with the same milege are going for £7000-7700 even today. Now mine has 70k on the clock and would be worth 6000/6500. Not a bad depreciation :D

I think the DC5 has had its big drop in price, that was about a year ago. The imports will start to dry up and i don't think the value will decrease that much now :) I agree with what Eves said about the FD2 not having much effect on the price. Although it performs very well :eek: its more of an Accord to me where as the ITRs are kind of sports coupes.

G4Z

liktup said:
My mate bought a 15k mile example for £11k in Sep 2005 :wink:
Oh that is low :lol: 8) My point being though if it still had 15k on the clock now it would still be worth alot :eek: . Infact im sure an enthusiast would pay 10k now :) Obviously if its gained 50k on the clock it will lose alot of ££££ :(

dotty

Advanced Member
I predict this time next year - Y/51 plates will go for £9-9.5k that is with 60-70k on the clock.

02/52 - £10k- £11k

03/53 - £11.5k - £12.5

04/54 - £12.5k - £13.5k

Project

Advanced Member
Dont think it has anything to do with year, more mileage, as if someone was selling an 02 with let say 20,000 and someone else was selling an 04 with 40,000, then you would expect the 02 to fetch more money right :? as I dont think that when it comes down to imports people actually care about age its more mileage

dotty

Advanced Member
Project said:
Dont think it has anything to do with year, more mileage, as if someone was selling an 02 with let say 20,000 and someone else was selling an 04 with 40,000, then you would expect the 02 to fetch more money right :? as I dont think that when it comes down to imports people actually care about age its more mileage
Mileage is a big factor but dont forget cars do not get younger, A late 51 plate car is now 6 years old, This time next year a Y plate will be 7 1/2 years old..

keevster

Advanced Member
dotty said:
I predict this time next year - Y/51 plates will go for £9-9.5k that is with 60-70k on the clock.

02/52 - £10k- £11k

03/53 - £11.5k - £12.5

04/54 - £12.5k - £13.5k

Lets hope your prediction is right mate, as i will be selling my 54 plate this time next year :wink:

Paul

dotty

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
Not really helping are you dotty.

Fair enough mate, you wanna sell your car, but do not keep on posting on here all your problems and issues, you camel. :lol:

Move on Buddy,find your self another forum and a car to suit your mood.

I'm so fed up with your "OH & THIS"--"OH & THAT".

Get over it NOW.

End it here.

Lets hope you sell your car and get the $$ for your mods the price you want..........

Lets hope you find another car, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

Dont ruin it for the rest of us. THANKS. :wink:
:?: :|

Not really helping what exactly? :?

Why because I created a thread with my observations?

I have been driving type-r's since late 2003, Albeit my first one was an EP3 and then they (DC5s) were exclusive cars.

I am only pointing out my observations, This time last year there were no where near as many DC5s for sale privately nor trade for that matter.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at chalkie :?

If you mean ALL my threads I started then I can only think you are talking about my ONE car for sale thread, My ONE mods for sale thread (incidentally they are almost all sold) or my ONE thread I started about chavs getting behind a DC5 wheel? Did you not start another thread 'with reference to dottys post'? Surely the discussion could have been kept in my thread?

If that is the case then I am sorry to upset you for posting on a general discussion board, But have you seen the amount of illiteracy and text speak that goes on on this forum? The state of some of the DC5s that are on ebay or have even graced this forum? You know, the ones that look like they have crashed in to a ripspeed stand?

This was not the case 12-18 months ago That is where I get my observation of 'Chavs getting behind a DC5 wheel', The fact of the matter is they are getting more affordable and available and therefore that opens up the market to potential buyers a little more.

Silly me for being under the assumption that this was a DC5 php board for posting thoughts about said automobile? :idea: :?:

I am moving on but sadly for you I will still be posting on this forum and infact I will be looking for another Type R once my 'Chav' chariot is gone, (PLEASE take the last comment with a pinch of salt)

Edit: Nice sig :wink:

Cheers,
Stu