There appears to be lots of tegs for sale (private)

SimonB5

chalkie said:
Not really helping are you dotty.
Not really helping what?

As far as I can see Dotty is stating the obvious, DC5 prices def seem to be on the way down, whether it only be a small amount. Sold mine 2 months ago, and went for the quick sale option of selling back to the garage that I bought from . . tbh, I'm glad i did :shock:

The private sale market does seem to be suffering, and its the age old, people won't buy a modded car, but yet will search for a mint standard one then mod it???????

I noticed when I sold mine, Wootty had his JRSC'd teg for sale at a good price, yet took ages to sell . . .

mikegsi

Staff member
all cars depreciate, no matter on make/model, there are a hell of a lot more dc5's in the country now than there were 3yrs ago when i bought mine, supply and demand dictates the price.

i dont think the fd2 has played any part in the reducing price of the teg, for a lot of people they are still too much of an expensive option, and still extremely rare over here, give them a few years and the dc5 story will start all over again, this time in the guise of the fd2

Project

Advanced Member
Its not dotty's fault for the drop in price and people selling up, I blame it all on those guys out there who say quick sale £10,000 its people like this who hurt the price as when you come to sell yours buyers will say this, 'why should I pay £11,500 when I can get one for £10,000'
I dont think its got anything to do with the FD2 as a mate of mine bought a completely mint DC2 for £10,000 this year with only 20k on the clock where he could more or less have got a DC5 for an extra grand. As long as idiots dont put For Sale DC5 £9,500 need quick sale (when the car is in very good condition) then I cant see the DC5 going below double figures till at least 2010

dan the man

Advanced Member
chalky WTF. bit ott that.

anyway moving on, cars are gettign cheaper and easier to find, more choice, prices come down. simple. time goes on age goes up.

thats cars. Oh except NSXs :lol:

liktup

Advanced Member
As has been said as cars get older they are worth less, its not hard to understand, and for a 6yo old car still to be worth around 40% of its price new they really aren't doing bad :)

Evs

Advanced Member
chalkie - I don't really understand your post and I think it was a bit out of order tbh. If you have an issue with dotty then take it up directly with him via PM. This is a DC5 discussion board and all he's done is start a discussion. If you're not interested in the topic then you're quite entitled to ignore it... :idea:

Let's keep it friendly, eh? :D

dotty

Advanced Member
Evs said:
chalkie - I don't really understand your post and I think it was a bit out of order tbh. If you have an issue with dotty then take it up directly with him via PM. This is a DC5 discussion board and all he's done is start a discussion. If you're not interested in the topic then you're quite entitled to ignore it... :idea:

Let's keep it friendly, eh? :D
Back up has arrived :lol:

Cheers Evs, I am not quite sure what this rant was about either :roll:

Can you have a word with andre to see if he can code an approval system in to the board? So that when I go to post a reply or new topic an automated pm gets sent to chalkie for his approval before being submitted :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Can you have a word with andre to see if he can code an approval system in to the board? So that when I go to post a reply or new topic an automated pm gets sent to chalkie for his approval before being submitted :lol:
Nope, I cba :p

Just post away, in future chalkie can PM you, send me a copy and I'll bin the thread :idea:

HTH :lol:

dotty

Advanced Member
Evs said:
dotty said:
Nope, I cba :p

Just post away, in future chalkie can PM you, send me a copy and I'll bin the thread :idea:

HTH :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Enough of this joviality, Anyone would think it was Christmas soon :lol:

alg2500

I know what you mean about the prices - luckily at the moment I don't want a quick sale, so I'm going to hold mine as it is, it's completely standard and very low mileage - does sicken me a bit that some are going for stupid money.

The thing is aswell - this time of year is always going to be slow and when people don't sell they drop even lower. That and the fact so many people are concerned about interest rates and mortgages coming out of fixed terms ie. Me. Fuel prices are crazy - it's all having a big effect.

I don't think there is reason to worry about it - but I would ask people on here to stop selling their beautiful machines for crazy money ;)

Martctr

Advanced Member
No no no no no no no!

Sell cheap as I'm poor & work took away my christmas bonus because I'm leaving next year :roll:

It is the time of the year and I ended up selling my CTR for less than most advertised as I was desperate. Problem is I'm now desperately fighting competion to get one of the bargin DC5's as I've not got as much money as I'd of liked for mine and I'm skint in general :(

Just spotted a black one in Surrey for 10k!!!

Surely prices will become more stable after Christmas?

Newty

Advanced Member
Wasn't chalkie just foolin' around?

Anyway, I reckon DC5's will hold a good price. Like the DC2's have. The importing of them has peaked and I think that classic type-r's hold their value well, and the DC5 is a classic type-r.

And, I dont think the facelift ones will be as in demand...don't think they look as aggressive or unique for some reason. Therfore, the demand for pre-facelift will stay healthy.

Or something like that...!

keevster

Advanced Member
Yeh i will also add to whats been stated, selling up in winter is a no no. If at all possible hang onto it till March/april. I learned the hard way with this and to date have sold a fair few motors at this time of the year, and lost a bundle. Circumstances led to this, but as i said i learned the hard way.
Why they end up going so cheap is folks selling at this time of the year could have it advertised for weeks on end, at a hefty cost may i add, so eventually you aint got a choice about dropping a minted car to a silly price. Its the way the world goes, you need the money quick, unfortunately you have to bend over and take it :lol: This obviously does not help the cause and thus does lower the market price on the machine that you have :roll:

Chalkie, say sorry to Dotty, play nice, its only his point of view :lol: :wink:

Paul :wink:

Martctr

Advanced Member
The advertising costs are a pain, but I found it was the amount of time wasters that did my head in. I tried selling with mods, but soon got fed up of people just wanting a drive to see how fast it was. I had one guy who bought his brother because he had a Skyline so instantly knew about cars! 'Look it revs to 9k' Arghhhh! And then the constant phone calls with the following sentance 'I'm 200 miles away so if I come with cash will you take (insert silly amount here). Worst thing is the same guy kept calling me on a daily basis, but pretending he hadn't! In the end I did a google search using his number and found he was a car dealer.

During my two months of trying to sell I was offered the following as swaps/part x despite saying I only wanted a DC5.

Scooby p1
Scooby WRX black 2003
Scooby wrx 300bhp 96
Scooby sti 95 80k on clock
BMW alpina
BMW 3 series
BMW convertable 3 series
nissan 200sx
Skyline gts x2!

You get to the point when you just don't want to answer the phone or bother cleaning the car for a viewing in case it's another time waster. One guy I spent hour on the phone with and he never showed to view it. Another couple I changed my plans for and I called them after waiting an hour to be told they had changed their mind.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Post edited. :xkiss: :wink:

I think i owe the man dotty a a cold beer or three, will try to explain over the weekend.

Need a, :xalright:, plz dotty..............

benny

Advanced Member
Newty said:
Wasn't chalkie just foolin' around?

Anyway, I reckon DC5's will hold a good price. Like the DC2's have. The importing of them has peaked and I think that classic type-r's hold their value well, and the DC5 is a classic type-r.

And, I dont think the facelift ones will be as in demand...don't think they look as aggressive or unique for some reason. Therfore, the demand for pre-facelift will stay healthy.

Or something like that...!
was looking on piston heads, still now a 2001 model will set you back on average 11500, or a minter still 13000! i paid 13000 for mine 3 years ago, so i dont think there is anything to worry about, my car should still sell for 12500 with the mods i know ive spent but still over the original paid price 500 quid isnt bad in three years!

liktup

Advanced Member
benny said:
was looking on piston heads, still now a 2001 model will set you back on average 11500, or a minter still 13000! !
Thing is just because people are asking that much for them that doesn't mean thats what they will get, I don't believe anyone would pay £13k for a y/51 plate DC5 what ever the condition, obviously IMO :D

morgan

Advanced Member
it'll depreciate like anything else...

My DC2 was £21K from new, (aug 99) and I have just seen it for sale (same car) at £4995.

So, 16K in 8 years. 2K p/a

That is about right... The DC5 will be the same.

Your car will lose money - get over it. Its the price you pay to have a car like this... They are entering 'cheaper' territory now, and it'll continue. There are some horrors turning up about the place these days, just check the local retail park on a saturday night ! ! :)