Think I've bought the wrong Oil...

jo3y

Had the car services at TDi North last month and need to buy some oil to top my car up every now and then. I called TDi and they told me they use Miller's 5w-40 so I went to the Millers website and purchased a 5l bottle. It's arrived today and looking at the bottle I've got a horrible feeling that I've seen the CFS stuff at TDi not the XFS as I've ordered.... I've called TDi to confirm which type they've put in but they haven't got back to me so I have 2 questions for you guys :wink:

- Can anyone confirm which type of Oil TDi North would use when servicing a DC5
- If I have bought the wrong type should I return it having to pay the postage or will it be ok just using it to top the car up?

Cheers,

Charlie

jo3y

Magnet said:
Tdi definately use Millers CFS 5w40 fully synthetic
:( Cheers. I know Ric has already said it should be ok but can anyone else confirm if I can use this to just top up or is it not recommended? Oilman ideally just to put my mind at rest :wink:

oilman

Authorised Advertiser
It WILL be fine, the CFS is their all fangadangled ester jobbie, the XFS is still synthetic just without the esters.

Cheers

Guy

jo3y

oilman said:
It WILL be fine, the CFS is their all fangadangled ester jobbie, the XFS is still synthetic just without the esters.

Cheers

Guy
Excellent cheers mate