thinking about getting a DC5

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Evo's are massively more expensive to run than a DC5, even if it is boosted. Maybe not Scooby's but I looked into Evo's and the Active Yaw Control alone costs a fortune to re-build/repair/replace.

Plus Scooby's are rubbish. :xhaha:

gibby85

Advanced Member
Evo's are massively more expensive to run than a DC5, even if it is boosted. Maybe not Scooby's but I looked into Evo's and the Active Yaw Control alone costs a fortune to re-build/repair/replace.

Plus Scooby's are rubbish. :xhaha:
You are right on both accounts! Hence why i went for a DC5 but i am not intending on boosting it. I didnt buy it for its straight line power, if i did i bought the wrong car. I bought it for everything else and :xvtec:

LeeRoyV

If you are going to boost it why dont you just go for an Evo or an Impreza? If you are wanting out and out power a DC5 isnt the car for you. In my opinion..... ;)
everything is hypothetical atm as i dont even own one yet but yeh i have concidered a scooby, evo or even mazda mps but none of them have the appeal that the DC5 has.. and tbh i guess its each to their on on their prefered method of tuning but to get any great gains then it does appear that either a SC or tubby are required

gibby85

Advanced Member
everything is hypothetical atm as i dont even own one yet but yeh i have concidered a scooby, evo or even mazda mps but none of them have the appeal that the DC5 has.. and tbh i guess its each to their on on their prefered method of tuning but to get any great gains then it does appear that either a SC or tubby are required
True. But the amount you are going to spend on boosting a DC5 and keeping it running smooth. Got to weigh up your options i suppose but as you say each to their own. :)

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
You can go N/A too, they're pretty strong blocks.

But if you want 260+bhp, and don't want to spend mroe money than you have to, a boosted 'Teg is the way to go.

As gibby said though, these car's aren't all about straight line speed.

LeeRoyV

i got plenty of research to do yet and as i say my outlook may change when and if i get a ride in one or even drive or own one :)

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Well I'm sorting out a Kent meet at Bluewater at some point in the coming month or so. Maybe jump in mine or Lee's?

Keep your eyes peeled on the 'Meets' section.

LeeRoyV

Well I'm sorting out a Kent meet at Bluewater at some point in the coming month or so. Maybe jump in mine or Lee's?

Keep your eyes peeled on the 'Meets' section.
defo... if you remember bang me a pm so i dont miss it and i'll rock up and see your guys :)

CJN

Advanced Member
I've only had my DC5 a couple of weeks and absolutely love it. Best car I've driven thus far.

V-TEC is fun.

LeeRoyV

yeh i've had vtec before in the form of a crx del sol sri and it was fun but i've always been lured by turbo's... but its time for a change and the glanza is going up for sale and a dc5 is now defo 1st choice assuming there's a nice example when im looking :)

cameroon95

Advanced Member
yeh i've had vtec before in the form of a crx del sol sri and it was fun but i've always been lured by turbo's... but its time for a change and the glanza is going up for sale and a dc5 is now defo 1st choice assuming there's a nice example when im looking :)
You ever get those seats sold mate? I just sold mine on ebay, and used all parcel for delivery, got 240 in the end :)

LeeRoyV

You ever get those seats sold mate? I just sold mine on ebay, and used all parcel for delivery, got 240 in the end :)
lol no still on there @200 stupid really as last year they were like hens teeth but oh well have to wait till more funds for the dc5 acount...

hows yours going btw??

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Yeah there seem to be hard to shift at the moment its strange,im sure someone will buy them eventually. I nearly fitted the last pair to my glanza as the seats were terrible.
Going well, have a thread up in engine fixes as I have a cylinder mis-firing but all seems well now :xking: , could be a spot of bad fuel or a coil pack.

Wastegate86

use to have a glanza few years back great performance and fun to drive but DAMM those interiors are fugly!
and as said the standard seat are terrible, shame more didnt come with the optional 2 tone recaros

dapc

Glanza's are very cool! I put evo 7 recaro's in mine and looked standard as there was a hint of blue in the door cards!! running over 180bhp the thing was very quick for what it was!

Good luck with the search of a dc5, (mines for sale :p)