Thinking of a DC5- Where to get a test drive?

Steve vRS

Hello all.

I'm shortlisting our next fun car. The DC5 is on the shortlist as it ticks nearly all the boxes (can be used on track, 4 seater, everyday practicality) but I was wondering where I could get a test drive?

I am based in Lymm near Manchester.

Steve

mikegsi

Staff member
unless you can find one for sale near you, and they let you take it out for a testdrive im afraid thats about all you can do, some dealers wont let people td them without some concrete deal in the making!!

unless someone who owns one would let you test drive it, which tbh unless they were either selling it or a good friend of yours i doubt that would happen either! :wink:

not much help mate im afraid, this car is so rare that even getting a test drive can be a hard thing!

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Like Mike says I think you will struggle to get to test drive it yourself. I htink the best you can hope for is for someone to take you out in theirs, I know I would never let anyone jump in and take mine out even with me beside them.

Cheers
Wardy

ErA

A Honda Dealership and an independant salesman both let me test drove a DC5 and I was only 20 with a babyface :lol:

Granted the Honda dealership took a bit more persuasion!

Option

Advanced Member
When i test drove the one i have, private dealer let me take it out, and phoned me an hour later to make sure i was bringing it back.

Having said that i had left a car at his.

Stu

Raffe

Advanced Member
I did the same, found one at a dealers on Autotrader local to me, rung them to arrnage a test drive with an interest to purchase, went and test drove it and then told them I would think about it and walked away :wink:

2 months later I bought a Dc5 as I had loved it so much 8)

Raffe

Advanced Member
Surely its irrelevant what they charge if all you want is a test drive :?

Lianne_dc5

i am a 20 year old girly girl and i test drove about 8 different ones across the country... probably helped i turned up in a gtr skyline though... but if you go to a garage who is selling one they will come out with you with trade plates and that so shouldnt see you would have too much of a problem...

private sellers you would definately struggle!!!

Steve vRS

Thinking of an RX-8 now as well. The lure of RWD is strong. The 20mpg is a bit of an obstacle though!

Steve

keevster

Advanced Member
Steve vRS said:
Thinking of an RX-8 now as well. The lure of RWD is strong. The 20mpg is a bit of an obstacle though!

Steve

REX was possbily on my list of cars, as i was impatient, and had to sell a car, was getting an excellent trade on a 04 REX with 21k. Test drove it and i was hugely unimpressed, it did not feel right, which was possibly the case anyway, could have been a fault, as the dealership was desperate to get shot of it, they where giving me an unbelievably high price for my car :shock: . I gave it a 15 mile test drive, handling was not too bad, could have been quite fun, but what put me off the most was low down torque, it was like any other 1.3litre engine, and i used to think the CTRs low down torque was bad :shock: .

In the end i pushed my luck as far as i could, as my car was requiring money spent on it, probably around 500-600 quid, so i thought if i could get the REX down to a crazy low price, a pure steal, then i could just sell private or trade up towards a DC5. But you can only push them so far, and they where not prepared to go as low as i was offering + my car.
However in the end, i had a lucky escape, and then bought the DC5.

My heart was set on a DC5, but impatience and stress of the situation put me at risk of making a big mistake. For once in my life i know i have made the right choice :lol:

Paul :wink: