Thinking of buying a DC5 :)

alg2500

Hi guys, Im on the look for a new car. The DC5 is on the top of my list at the moment.

Lately I have owned:

MR2 Turbo

TRD 2000GT (Genuine Number 8)

Celica GT4

Anyone owned the above to compare against the DC5?

I know the ITR isn't gonna be as fast in a straight line but im after a good overall package this time.

Cheers
Andy

Duncs

not me, but the ITR is different, depends what you want out of your car i guess, the teg can be a daily driver or a track car,
plus its good to look at of course!

oh and welcome!!

Evs

Advanced Member
Can't help with a comparison but you need to keep your cars clean really - leaving them standing around covered in crap like that won't do them any good... :roll:

:wink: :lol:

Looking mint fella, welcome to the forum :xwavey:

dazza

Advanced Member
Hi mate and welcome along :xwavey:
Really liking that TRD 2000GT 8) very nice :D

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Hello i use to have an ST205 WRC and i loved it, I changed to the DC5 as it is much better on fuel and a better overal package,

The DC5 is a bit slower off the line as it does not have 4WD but once you are moveing there is not much between the cars,

The DC5 has also got much better handling than the GT4 as t weighs aprox 300Kg less and is a much better chassis,

so for going round track it is much better,

Hope this helps,

Cheers and welcome.

alg2500

Thanks for the welcome all. haha, yeah gotta keep the cars clean.

The TRD2000GT was an amazing car - I had to sell it to get a mortgage. :(

Yeh the DC5 seems the best overall package for me - I don't want stupidly quick (expensive), and definately want something practical.

The other option was Nissan Silvia S15 - but being a tubby will probably prove expensive again on fuel and tax.

One thing I am yet to find out is the 0-60 on the DC5. My Brother has just brought a 53 Ctr - how does it compare, weight etc.

Also, talking of Ctr's, anyone know if Japan have dropped the itr? As their new Ctr looks exactly like an itr and not like the new civic over here????

Project

Advanced Member
alg2500 said:
One thing I am yet to find out is the 0-60 on the DC5. My Brother has just brought a 53 Ctr - how does it compare, weight etc.

Also, talking of Ctr's, anyone know if Japan have dropped the itr? As their new Ctr looks exactly like an itr and not like the new civic over here????
All these things you've asked have all been discussed before, the search button is your friend

Oh and welcome :xwavey: