Thinking of getting a K-Pro fitted?

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Two words - Do it!

Whilst in America i purchased a K-Pro'd PRB ECU and on arriving back i also bought a Buddyclub Manifold. I had previously got the engine mount inserts as well so off i went to System-R to get them all fitted with the K-Pro having a part-tune. I also had some new front discs and pads and they fitted them for me too.

Well after a bit of a fuss with the mounts i had being the wrong ones everything was soon fitted and tuned and the car ended up giving 238bhp and 171lbs ft of torque.

My mod list includes Spoon Drop in Filter (std air box) Mugen Exhaust System, Buddyclub manifold and K-Pro. Quite pleased with the results when shown them especially the torque given std air box.

But the drive home was the impressive thing, the noise firstly sounded great. Not too loud low down but a nice sporty burble. Then the noise explodes during VTEC (which at 4.5k is soooo nice) and the sound of the BC and Mugen together is simply awesome.

Then the actual performance improvement, the mount inserts improve gear changes no end and the extra power is amazing. Its a different car now, pulling from low down all the way to the redline. With VTEC coming in from 4.5k. The performance really did shock me and despite the costs it has to be the best mod you can get for the DC5.

The increased power band means you can keep it in VTEC easily (before wasnt hard but no need to take it to the highest revs) and also i noticed immediately that with first tank i got 300 miles out of it with some serious vtec action on the way back.

The VTEC changeover is still evident but much smoother and an awesome bellow as you hear vtec engaging and the swell of power comes through. When you think you have only gained say 20+ bhp and 20lbs ft of torque it doesnt sound much (especially mates with turbo cars :oops: ) but the increase is so much more than the figures.

Anyway im whittling on about how good it is but it really is as good as you think it might be! Added to my existing mods and also the new front brakes the DC5 is a joy to drive, even more so than previously.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Glad you're happy with it mate!

Remember its not the peak gains we're interested in but the increased area under the graph :wink:

tara

Advanced Member
Similar spec to mine and by the sounds of it the same kind of gains and feeling as well 8) :D glad your enjoying it as much as i am :wink:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Good gains for the setup. Like you say its the midrange that makes the difference and its all useable power.

Enjoy ;)