Thinking Of Modding

DuaneT

Advanced Member
hey,
I'm thinking of starting to Mod the engine and exhaust now, i already have an induction kit.
What would people reccomend in order? I was thinking:

1. Cat Back Exhaust
2. Manifold & High-Flow Cat
3. ECU (Kpro Or Mugen?? Any Pro's Or Cons?)

Cheers People.

D

black teg

leave the exhaust and manifold until later,

sort the suspension and brakes first

eibach lowering springs

Cusco front and rear anti-roll bars

front and rear camber adjusters and a FRS xthumbup, then maybe fit braided brake hoses and some quality brake fluid..

then enjoy :xcheers:

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I'm with black teg on this.

However answering your question, I would choose the exhaust first primarily for noise, then save up for the mani and kpro at the same time to map all the mods together.

Grov

Banned
The standard brakes seem great to me, ive recently come from a CTR and there seems more stopping power.....

cwwoodley

then maybe fit braided brake hoses and some quality brake fluid..

then enjoy :xcheers:[/quote]

what brake fluid would you advise ive recently put new standard 4 dot fluid in and bled all 4 brakes and it made it feel much better, what about upgrading to a 5.1? what good ones are out there and what make braided hoses?

i will be replacing new pads all round soon and getting new rear discs as they are scored.

flex1984

Advanced Member
black teg said:
leave the exhaust and manifold until later,

sort the suspension and brakes first

eibach lowering springs

Cusco front and rear anti-roll bars

front and rear camber adjusters and a FRS xthumbup, then maybe fit braided brake hoses and some quality brake fluid..

then enjoy :xcheers:
Is it worth doing both the sway bar or just the rear, and whats the advantages of fitting these?

flex1984

Advanced Member
Do you loss much ride quality from fitting these as iv been thinking getting cusco ones recently

cpoh

Advanced Member
I personally think sway bars etc are the bottom end of the handling department - as in they would be the last thing i would be doing to improve my handling. Coilovers and camber arms are much more important mods and better bang for buck. You will notice little difference from an uprated ARB or sway bar and they're not cheap. Most just upgrade/add for looks anyway.

I would look at getting a spoon 4-2 section and an uprated cat back (leave the standard cat in awhile). You should have change of £600 notes for these second hand and the car will sound much better and go slightly better too!

After that its RBC, decat and kpro time.