Thinking of putting standard plate back on...?

Cam

Advanced Member
Am I the odd one out? I'm thinking of putting the front OEM numberplate holder back on.

Even though the hole's been smoothed over and the plate is on the right, I think the original location and shape of plate just suits the lines better.

Anyone else feel the same?

Jaws

I know the feeling, especially on the FL. Numberplates on these cars just seem to look awkward wherever we put them! I've put mine a little off to the side, not quite as much as you. Just need the hole smoothing. Couldn't get on with sticky plates.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I think if you put the current size plate in the middle (or a sticky) you won't want to go OEM

Kinda looks like a nana with no teeth pulling her front lip down, with the plate not in the middle

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
It's up to you really, but I'm not a fan of where you currently have it.

These are two good options for location IMO:

Freya

Advanced Member
Mines in the middle and a smaller sized plate, I like it! But I like things symmetrical haha! (y)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I too like the original centre mounted plate/shape. If you really like it, go for it although it would be a shame to drill a hole into the bumper after it's been filled/smoothed. As suggested above, I would consider a sticky plate or a smaller UK shaped plate that doesn't overhang the front of the bumper.

Cam

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Kinda looks like a nana with no teeth pulling her front lip down, with the plate not in the middle
Sexy.

ckh said:
how about a sticky plate?
Not a fan really, think they look a bit cheap... doubt it would look right in the middle over the ridge where I ideally want it.

PORTHOS said:
These are two good options for location IMO:
CW location looks even more out of place, think the blue one wins that one. ;)

Freya DC5 said:
Mines in the middle and a smaller sized plate, I like it! But I like things symmetrical haha! (y)
Any pics? What size is it?