Thinking of selling.

dobber

Advanced Member
Yup, thinking of selling up an getting something more family orientated. Got our first baby due in October so on one hand im excited and on the other the car has to go. She finds it too bumpy even at 15 weeks pregnant so god knows what she'll be like in a few months time hehe.

I was guessing its worth about £13,995 with all mods on, what do you guys and gals think??

Im thinking about going for a Seat leon Cupra R........Dont flame me :D

Ken A

Advanced Member
Unfortunately, a baby on the way makes a man think VERY differently about his responsibilities and priorities. I know !! My wife is expecting also. But on the good side for me, we have a small 4 dr run around so I'll be keeping my DC5 :D

If its your main family car, the DC5 is a bit raw to be honest. The Cupra R seems like a nice car. If you were gonna get rid of the DC5, whatever else you buy, it would HAVE TO be comfortable. If you can get away with sporty and fast at the same time, then you're laughing my friend.

All I'd say is see what you could get away with !!! :wink:

fonz600

Advanced Member
I've also been thinking bout selling up to free up some of my money thats tied to it. Dunno yet tho. Nothing to do with the other half being pregnant tho thank god lol.

Good luck with selling and the baby Dunc

fonz600

Advanced Member
I've also been thinking bout selling up to free up some of my money thats tied to it. Dunno yet tho. Nothing to do with the other half being pregnant tho thank god lol.

dobber

Advanced Member
fonz600 said:

Cheers for that. Got to say im looking forward to being a dad, sure that will all change with the sleepless nights and pooey nappies
:)

Wootty

Advanced Member
When my kids were growing up we couldn't afford nice or fast cars anyway so it was never an issue wih us. In fact its not a problem when they are babies strapped in their car seats - as long as you have a big enough boot for all the junk you have to ferry about with them.

It was the 4yrs and up when they'd be drawing on the backs of the car seats and spiling their drinks ans sticky sweets (and not telling you about it for weeks) all over the back seats and kicking the bejeezers out of anything in the car. You cant stop em no matter how much you shout - it only gets you wound up more than them so its best just to stay cool and drive a crappy car.

Might have been worse cos I've got twin boys (20 yrs old this year :shock: ) but in my mind kids and nice things don mix.

Good luck with whatever you get - if i was going for a family friendly car it would be an Audi A4 Avant TDi estate - had one of them when the kids were older and whish I'd had it earlier. Loads of torque and big enough boot and rear seats - but not too big like a bus when on your own.

Duncs

yep,
i'd go with Wootty, get a bogo runaround when they are trouble makers, no rush to sell though as i have my had grandson in the teg, baby seat fitted ok (15 months) no food or drink mind you but he loved it, so much he fell asleep in about 5 minutes,
and before you start all the wise cracks i started young!!!

Wootty

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
yep,
i'd go with Wootty, get a bogo runaround when they are trouble makers, no rush to sell though as i have my had grandson in the teg, baby seat fitted ok (15 months) no food or drink mind you but he loved it, so much he fell asleep in about 5 minutes,
and before you start all the wise cracks i started young!!!
Waiting for that conversation any day.... Dad - we've got something to tell you.... :shock: :lol:

jonster

Advanced Member
Been through the same situation as a first time dad. My boy is 6 months old now and Teg survived his arrival. I know the massive wave of responsibility that hits you when you think about the future when becoming a dad. The missus understood how the car is my passion and most other things were going to have to be sacrificed so she agreed I can keep the car. We did end-up getting an additional family car though. I looked long and hard at what to get that was fairly new, cheap to buy and econonmical to run. It came down to a Misubishi Space Star 1.9 turbo diesel. They seem to drop fairly heavily from new and I picked a one year old one for 8k (13k new). There are obviously cheaper older ones about. It has all the mini-MPV features, Jap reliability and a long manufacturers warranty. The direct injection diesel really kicks-out some torque. I don't know why they are not that popular nationally and it's a hell of a job to find a review on them, but there is quite a few in Devon. I can't fault it.

From my experience so far, the cost of the baby isn't that bad when you factor in the maternity allowance, child benifit and so on. It certainly helped cover the pram and cot purchase. It's a delight to get something back for all the tax I've been paying over the years. The sleepness nights haven't been as bad as I thought so far. Maybe we've been lucky.

All the best anyway.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
How about a Skoda ? vRS ?

Or maybe even a Fabia vRS they are 130bhp TDI arnt they ?

dobber

Advanced Member
Yep, thought about the Octavia vRS

Cars concidered so far.

Seat Leon Cupra R
Skoda Octavia vRS
Lexus IS200
Audi S3 (though probably oo much £££)
Honda Accord Type-S

Number one so far is the Leon CupraR in Black :)

User

Advanced Member
Our daughter is 15 months old. We have a city car runaround type thing -Daihatsu Sirion for shopping etc.

Anything involving a long journey I take the DC5. Plenty of room, boot is massive and it's economical on a cruise.

Went to Cornwall last year in it - took the whole friggin house & kitchen sink. Suit cases, 400 kilos of baby stuff - no problem.

gregb

Advanced Member
i gave some good thought and tbh i haven`t got an eye for many cars,
but an alteeza with a yamaha beams engine 8)
very nice car and i have seen some beautiful examples even 7 yrs old.
jdm jdm luxury,comfort,knowledge,perfection :wink: