This could be placebo I will let you judge?

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Ok,

So normally I only use BP Ultimate to fill up as I collect Nectar points and have been doing so for about 3 years now; however the other day I was really low and filled up with V-power as it was closer. Now this is where I am going to be shot down in flames and I have been quizzing myself over this, my Teg feels noticeably better on V-Power. I cant explain it other that the 2 Ron difference in the fuel ratings, can you really notice this or is it as suggested in the title placebo?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
No, you can definitely feel a difference, I have had BP97 and V-Power on the dyno and V-power is about 5bhp more with increased Torque levels too. At 6k the VTEC point feels more aggressive.

I too am all for the Nectar points though, whoop whoop! lol, plus my nearest garage is BP, Shell is a good few miles away.

IMO, the car runs far more smoothly on BP97 however. Less aggressive.

dave c

400hp K20
Self confessed shell-whore, I got really happy when i saw they rebranded my local petrol station to shell - how sad :xhuh:

Definitely agree the car runs better on vpower tho, not bad on ultimate but as others have said just not quite as urgent

I got mine mapped on 97 and now fill up using vpower for the extra safety

Dan34

Advanced Member
Got a shell 1 mile from my house which is pretty handy! Collect points there too with there drivers card, hopefully I'll get offered a v power one soon!

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Got a shell 1 mile from my house which is pretty handy! Collect points there too with there drivers card, hopefully I'll get offered a v power one soon!

They have stopped doing a different card, you just get double points when filling up with V-Power.

Dan34

Advanced Member
^yeah just saw your post on the v power thread! Nevermind. Lol.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I got mine mapped on 97 and now fill up using vpower for the extra safety
That's EXACTLY what you should do apparently (from what I have also been told) so mine will be mapped to 97 :)

Eventually, lol.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
It's 3 miles for me. I haven't used anything else but V-Power in mine. I will literally travel miles to get Shell rather than anything else! Sad I know. But after driving Porthos' car you can tell the difference. It's not a placebo mate!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
But after driving Porthos' car you can tell the difference. It's not a placebo mate!
Indeed!

Although again, my Torque Curve is really really flat because of my minimal modifications (at the time), because of this, the VTEC kick is not as prominent as yours but our BHP is likely around the same.

So you gotta take that into account as well. It's better to compare your own car with different octane rated fuel and after a few fill-ups to flush it through.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Guess I'm lucky, I have 2 shell petrol stations about 1.3miles from my house and 2 BPs quite close too one is about 1 mile or so and the other is about 1.5miles :D

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I have at least 6 shell stations within a few miles the closest being yards not miles :xgrin:

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
I only ever use v-power for the teg nothing else will do, also just in case you all didn't know all total garages site are going & being bought up by shell or bp!

Dan34

Advanced Member
I only ever use v-power for the teg nothing else will do, also just in case you all didn't know all total garages site are going & being bought up by shell or bp!
Yup that's why I now have a shell within 1 mile of my house :D haha Was amazing when I saw the shell sign go up!